Auto-execute Love while coding?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
zer0wolf
Prole

Auto-execute Love while coding?

Post by zer0wolf »

The more I've been looking into Lua and Love, the more and more awesome I think the combination is. I've started playing around with Love 0.6 and there is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me, and I'm sure someone else has thought of this / figured out a workaround before, but I haven't seen anything about it in the documentation or on the forums (could have missed it though).

In order to run a Love application I can either create a zip file, renamed the extension, and then it runs via Love, or I can edit my Lua file, save, and then drag the bad folder onto a Love shortcut. The first option is cool for distributing my game, but the editors I've been trying haven't allowed to me to browse into a zip file that has been rename with .love and edit files within it. The 2nd option works, but is pretty tedious every time I want to test some code.

My question is, has anyone created an execute script for Notepad++, Geany, or any other editor that allows you to hit execute or run and it automatically saves and moves your base directory to Love or a Love shortcut?

Oh, and I'm running Vista SP1, Love 0.6, and I'm open on editors. :megagrin:
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Auto-execute Love while coding?

Post by Robin »

If you want to use SciTE, it's pretty simple. I've already posted about it: http://love2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1037
Help us help you: attach a .love.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

In geany: Open a project, go to Projects>Properties and enter the path to the love exe and add ., make sure the base dir is the dir to run from.
zer0wolf
Prole

Post by zer0wolf »

You guys rocks. This information should be either stickied on the forums or plugged into the wiki. :megagrin: