Final Fantasy 7 to MMOJRPG

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
mLaPL
Prole

Final Fantasy 7 to MMOJRPG

Post by mLaPL »

Who play Final Fantasy 7 ?

Unofficial remake world FF7 to MMOJRPG. This is my project. Not simple project, but possible. Please write suggestions to this project.
Last edited by mLaPL on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Final Fantasy 7

Post by bartbes »

What's the purpose of this, and more important, why is it in the Projects & Demos section? Projects & Demos is meant to be (somewhat) serious.

EDIT: (I edit my posts when you edit yours!) I'm interested.. can you show us?
Last edited by bartbes on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Final Fantasy 7 to MMOJRPG

Post by qubodup »

mLaPL wrote:Who play Final Fantasy 7 ?

Unofficial remake world FF7 to MMOJRPG. This is my project. Not simple project, but possible. Please write suggestions to this project.
coud it be that you forgot to upload the attachment? :)
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
mLaPL
Prole

Post by mLaPL »

Now can i show only screens. Why ? becouse project is still not playable, but "Yes" player can move on map, "Yes" player can go to next map and "Yes" player can enter to menu but still this is not this what you will see :) . I not have much time for this project but still work if have any time.

What i have:
  • - system to load maps with events and collisions (event load lua script)
    - simple collision editor for maps (created on delphi)
    - simple menu with worked hp, mp bars and i have ("Order" from menu), start creating ("Item" from menu)
    - cursor for select players and others functions to play.
    - background music for maps.
    - debug mode
Project now use only "Console" system from this forum. I still wait to Sql for LOVE :/ and I have problem with future hacking game (I will compile lua files to .luac files but i dont have idea how :] heh.... )

Screens:
dataFRAME
Prole

Post by dataFRAME »

Well, sorry but, it looks really faky. Esp. the Menu!

Some other Screens? Some Code?
Anyway keep it up!
Intrested in making music? Theres a Virtual Drum - Software for LÖVE
http://love2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... bumm#p4193
Gerrit
Prole

Post by Gerrit »

mLaPL wrote:Not simple project, but possible.
It actually is unless you don't have anything else to do and plan to code the next two years on this project. This would be the biggest project ever tried to do in Love and I can tell you now that you're not going to finish it. I've seen a lot big project proposals. Some of them way further then yours with a team behind them but they also failed. And on the other hand: If you would succeed you would run into license problems as Final Fantasy is a trademark.

Best tip would be: Try to keep it small and simple. Make your own thing without any trademarked characters. I would löve to play a new, good looking, innovative game over some ugly 2D remake of FF7 which won`t be completed in the next years. I started a lot of projects on my own. Mostly desktop applications. In the end, the biggest applications I thought up were those I didn't finish as you will run into a lot of problems. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to make big things but start out small and work your way up. Make some smaller games first and then you can maybe try to do this project, with a team.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Gerrit wrote:Best tip would be: Try to keep it small and simple. Make your own thing without any trademarked characters. I would löve to play a new, good looking, innovative game over some ugly 2D remake of FF7 which won`t be completed in the next years. I started a lot of projects on my own. Mostly desktop applications. In the end, the biggest applications I thought up were those I didn't finish as you will run into a lot of problems. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to make big things but start out small and work your way up. Make some smaller games first and then you can maybe try to do this project, with a team.
I agree. Once in a while, I get ambitious (for example OpenLife, or ROS (Robin's Operating System, an idea that keeps surfacing, in various forms.)), but the ones that I actually finish (and that become useful/fun) are the simpler games/applications/tools/projects. This applies to pretty much everything you can create (music, art, stories...).
Help us help you: attach a .love.
whitebear
Citizen

Post by whitebear »

Well I think people keep it original and real. If you want to make something like that you need to start from the other end (connection methods and server & client interaction in general).
mLaPL
Prole

Post by mLaPL »

by Gerrit:
Best tip would be: Try to keep it small and simple. Make your own thing without any trademarked characters. I would löve to play a new, good looking, innovative game over some ugly 2D remake of FF7 which won`t be completed in the next years. I started a lot of projects on my own. Mostly desktop applications. In the end, the biggest applications I thought up were those I didn't finish as you will run into a lot of problems. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to make big things but start out small and work your way up. Make some smaller games first and then you can maybe try to do this project, with a team.
I think about this like you... I think about one continent and lvl limit to 25. Problem with open source lua files from game is big for me and Sql DB for lua and last problem is build good connection "client <<>> server". Server is not big problem for me.

BTW only time.. I have not much time for project... Job, kid and others :/ you know :]

by dataFRAME:
Well, sorry but, it looks really faky. Esp. the Menu!

Some other Screens? Some Code?
Don't worry :) be happy :]

code from debug mode (look top-left on first screenshot and lines on map)

Code: Select all

if conf.debug_mode and menu.visible == false then

love.graphics.draw("fps: " .. love.timer.getFPS(), 1, 16)
		love.graphics.draw("mouse: x[" .. mouse.x-p1.x .. "] y[" .. mouse.y-p1.y .. "] button[" .. mouse.button .."] " .. mouse.push, 1, 32)
		love.graphics.draw(mouse.img, mouse.x, mouse.y,0,0.5)
		love.graphics.draw("event: "..map.active_event, 1, 48)

end

if conf.coll_visible  and menu.visible == false then
		map.collision_draw()
	end
mLaPL
Prole

Post by mLaPL »