I Create a LOVE IDE With autocomplete

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Giorgos_xou
Prole

I Create a LOVE IDE With autocomplete

Post by Giorgos_xou »

This Ide uses Net Framework v2.0.50727 Service Pack 2 that means I think that it supports Windows 98 OS and on.

This Version of IDE is an Alpha version that supports some kind of autocomplete , you can only create a project with one file for now and if you guys like it (leave a feedback) I will make it much more powerfull , better :) , fully functional and it will be free and OpenSource :D ...

Thanks for reading and please leave a feedback :)

Here it is the new version much more powerfull with source on GitHub
https://github.com/GiorgosXou/Lua_LOVE_2D_Studio

[IMPORTANT] Post 5 page 2 !

[Download Link] Old Version 29/8/2015
https://www.mediafire.com/?7097i6ylmrskc4o
++ Start Project and Stop Button Now Works. Image
++ I Fix the Folding issue.
++ Now when you are commeting autocomplete menu doesn't popup :D.
++ You can Open Projects.
++ You can create as many files as you want. (Project>Add New File)
++ Comment out or remove comment from the selected lines now work. Image
++
Sosolol261 wrote:And the blue "annoucement bar" at the bottom is 1 px too high.
I fix it
++ ...
[Check screenshot "by Giorgos_xou on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm" post 2 page 2 ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Download Link] Old Version
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7stsyxaq7anda
Old Version Image https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/EX4Y3r6.png
Last edited by Giorgos_xou on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 12 times in total.
arampl
Party member

Re: I Create a LOVE IDE With autocomplete

Post by arampl »

Giorgos_xou wrote:This Ide uses Net Framework v2.0.50727 Service Pack 2 that means...
That means Linux users bye-bye, Mac users bye-bye! :)

LÖVE itself is cross-platform and this is really great! If you feel comfortable with C# then maybe switch to Mono at least?
Giorgos_xou
Prole

Post by Giorgos_xou »

arampl wrote:
Giorgos_xou wrote:This Ide uses Net Framework v2.0.50727 Service Pack 2 that means...
That means Linux users bye-bye, Mac users bye-bye! :)

LÖVE itself is cross-platform and this is really great! If you feel comfortable with C# then maybe switch to Mono at least?
Thank for your reply arampl :)

My IDE is created in VB.Net that means that it is also supported by mono but...there are some problems i test it on linux and that was what i see:
i think that it doesn't being compiled correctly and it has too many issues :P

[that was the exe] after this i tried to open the whole project in mono but i had a problem with ToolsVersion i fix this problem changing it to 4.0 version after this i had a problem with some dll files i fix also this and now i have other problem with .resources files in project :P lol .... i tried :P ....
Sosolol261
Party member

Post by Sosolol261 »

If you do this right, this could be the IDE EVERY LOVE-developer will use.
So please do it right!!

Damn updating takes ages...
And the blue "annoucement bar" at the bottom is 1 px too high.
NickRock
Citizen

Post by NickRock »

Looks really good! linux and mac os versions would be awesome too
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!!
Giorgos_xou
Prole

Post by Giorgos_xou »

Sosolol261 wrote:If you do this right, this could be the IDE EVERY LOVE-developer will use.
So please do it right!!
Thanks for your feedback Sosolol261 :D and yes I will do it right I already fix the folding problem and some other issues and :D I am going to add as many feature as I can and trust I can add too many :)
Sosolol261 wrote:Damn updating takes ages...
Yep I know .... but this is happening because I have to load each site of LOVE-wiki and search for a specific element in html :P and it takes some time ... i can make it faster using (Parallel.ForEach) but i will have to change net framework from 2 to 4 and it will not make a big difference because it most depends on Internet connection.
Sosolol261 wrote:And the blue "annoucement bar" at the bottom is 1 px too high.
1px high ? you mean :P ...? (could I have a screenshot pls? because on some computers locations and sizes of controls have issues.)
NickRock wrote:Looks really good! linux and mac os versions would be awesome too
Thanks you NickRock for your feedback :D ! and yes you are right at this point, linux and mac os versions would be awesome too ... i am thinking of making a version in JavaFX for linux and mac os but i don't know how similar it will be , because i don't have the same knowledge as in VB.Net .... but for now only windows version sorry :P
Last edited by Giorgos_xou on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
NickRock
Citizen

Post by NickRock »

Check out http://www.mono-project.com which is an open source cross platform implementation of .NET :awesome:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooow!!
Giorgos_xou
Prole

Post by Giorgos_xou »

NickRock wrote:Check out http://www.mono-project.com which is an open source cross platform implementation of .NET :awesome:
I have already try it but i had issues :( check the "by Giorgos_xou on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am " post 3
Last edited by Giorgos_xou on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluedudex2
Prole

Post by bluedudex2 »

This shows a lot of promise, if done right I can also see this as being THE ide for love 2d development. Keep at it!
Giorgos_xou
Prole

Post by Giorgos_xou »

bluedudex2 wrote:This shows a lot of promise, if done right I can also see this as being THE ide for love 2d development. Keep at it!
Thanks for your reply :) it really makes me happy that people appreciate even this alpha version, i really can make it powerful and fully functional but i need some time because i also have school and i have to study also :) but i will upload asap new versions