Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
ozergul
Prole

Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by ozergul »

Hi
I am 2d mobile game maker and actually bored from Unity3D. It is so heavy but easy to handle visual objects.

I tried löve2d and realiesed that is so good and perfect for 2d game making.

My question is löve2d is appropriate frameworks for mobile(android and ios)?
Sulunia
Party member

Re: Is löve2d good to make mobile games?

Post by Sulunia »

For iOS, it takes a bit of work to make things run on it.
As for android (with a few changes), raspberry pi, windows, linux, macOS... You code once and run everywhere.

So, yes, very appropriate.

You can find some info here: https://love2d.org/wiki/Getting_Started
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
ozergul
Prole

Post by ozergul »

Sulunia wrote:For iOS, it takes a bit of work to make things run on it.
As for android (with a few changes), raspberry pi, windows, linux, macOS... You code once and run everywhere.

So, yes, very appropriate.

You can find some info here: https://love2d.org/wiki/Getting_Started
I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

ozergul wrote: I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?
You can program the game in LOVE and run it as a desktop app. Then once you got something worth stress-testing, you can use the LOVE android app and just transfer the files over to your phone and launch it from that app, without having to compile it to an .APK.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
ozergul
Prole

Post by ozergul »

Davidobot wrote:
ozergul wrote: I am not sure about because mobile testing a bit torture. Are there any easy way for mobile test(android)?
You can program the game in LOVE and run it as a desktop app. Then once you got something worth stress-testing, you can use the LOVE android app and just transfer the files over to your phone and launch it from that app, without having to compile it to an .APK.
My phone is xiaomi red mi note 3 and I cant open .love file with love android app..
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

ozergul wrote:My phone is xiaomi red mi note 3 and I cant open .love file with love android app..
My phone (Nexus 6) doesn't do that on its own either. I have to use a third-party file manager (ES File Explorer is one which works) to open .love files with LÖVE.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics