This is my first real endeavor into creating something with LOVE, and I'm have a ton of fun with it. Badger Battle is a turn based game (pokemon-esque battles) where the player (a badger) has to fight his/her way through various creatures to reach some end goal (suggestions welcome). I wanted to focus more on battle and character building, and less on progression through some world. So there's no walking around looking for stuff to fight; you choose what you want to fight, fight it, and, provided you win, move on to the next enemy. You gain experience when you win, and get to build up your skill set as you level.
The basic functionality is laid out, but there's still a LOT of work to be done. Future plans include (in order of priority... maybe):
- Add skill animations
- Add effect animations
- Add sound effects
- Add more music
- [DONE] Stylize the HUD
- Add art everywhere there isn't already art -- read: everywhere except the battle screen, and some there too
- Fix kluged positions of drawn objects -- I've been meaning to do this, but something more important always seems to need doing
- Add options for resolution scaling -- this is already built in, but most of the draw positions are kluged right now (see previous TODO)
- Stylize the GUI
- Add more levels, enemies, and skills
- [DONE] Allow the player to choose his/her skills as they level -- MMO-style skill tree?
- Comment my code? Heh
Anyways, I'm getting tired and starting to zone out, so I'll wrap this up. The games is attached. Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my game .
Screenshots as of 7/29/2012:
EDIT: updated .love file, added screenshots