The codename for LÖVE 0.8.0 is Rubber Piggy. It is not yet released.
Changes from 0.7.2
- Added release error screen.
- Added alpha to love.graphics.setBackgroundColor.
- Added Canvas:clear(r, g, b, a).
- Added love.graphics.arc.
- Added seek and tell to Source objects.
- Added color interpolation to ParticleSystem.
- Added automatic PO2 padding for systems not supporting the OpenGL extension.
- Added UTF-8 support for fonts.
- Added Box2D error handling for some commonly failing functions.
- Added ability for fused release games to have their write dir in appdata.
- Added shear transformation to drawing functions.
- Added origin to font printing.
- Added love.graphics.getMode.
- Added per-sprite colors on SpriteBatches.
- Added pixel effects.
- Added love.graphics.isSupported.
- Added love.graphics.getRenderTarget.
- Added love.event.quit.
- Added stencil masks.
- Added alternative SpriteBatch provider, it should work everywhere now.
- Added a loader for binary modules.
- Added Thread:getKeys().
- Added option of fractions for quads.
- Added PNG, JPEG and GIF support to ImageData:encode.
- Added 64-bit support for Mac OS X.
- Added premultiplied blending mode.
- Added functions to set/get default image filter modes.
- Fixed wrapping for single words.
- Fixed tracebacks not showing filenames.
- Fixed love.graphics.push/pop capable of causing overflows/underflows.
- Fixed setScissor on Canvases.
- Fixed several issues with audio, e.g. clicks and pops in mp3s.
- Fixed crashes when bodies were destroyed during collisions.
- Fixed bound SpriteBatches corrupting when drawing.
- Fixed thread-safety issues with ImageData.
- Fixed memory leaks in audio sources.
- Fixed thread's set (previously send) accidentally changing the type.
- Fixed SoundData allocating the wrong number of samples.
- Fixed SpriteBatch support on Intel cards.
- Fixed love.filesystem.lines() leaking.
- Fixed Source controls inconsistencies.
- Fixed most leaking on unclosed File objects.
- Fixed crashes when operating on non-existent files.
- Fixed a bug where empty files on windows would never reach eof.
- Fixed crash when SoundData runs out of memory.
- Fixed ordering of loaders, love should have priority over Lua.
- Renamed SpriteBatch's lock/unlock to bind/unbind.
- Renamed Framebuffer to Canvas.
- Renamed love.thread.send/receive to set/get.
- Updated love.joystick to be 1-indexed.
- Updated font engine.
- Updated line drawing to a custom system.
- Updated love.timer.sleep to use seconds, like the rest of love.
- Updated love.graphics.circle to have max(10, r) as default for segments.
- Updated ImageData:encode to write to files directly.
- Removed Canvas auto-clearing.
- Removed EncodedImageData.
- Removed old syntax for require (with extension).