By registering at the forum you register here.
You do not have to log in to read Wikipedia, nor is a registered account required to edit Wikipedia articles—almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time, even without logging in. When not logged in to an account, by default a person edits instead by their IP address, assigned by their internet service provider (ISP). Nevertheless, creating an account is quick, free, and non-intrusive, and it is generally considered a good idea to do so for a variety of reasons.
Summary of Benefits
(from Wikipedia, also)
Registered users can:
- Start new pages, including their own user page.
- Edit semi-protected pages once ten edits have been made, and their account is at least four days old.
- Rename pages, after awhile.
- Upload images, after awhile.
- Send, and optionally receive, e-mails to and from other users.
- Set personal preferences on their account.
- Keep a watchlist to track changes made on articles of interest.
- Choose a username. (Should be an appropriate name)
- More easily review their own contributions.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of the website to their own preference.
- Use more advanced editing tools.
- Vote in Arbitration Committee elections and Wikimedia Board elections.
- Edit without their IP address being visible, except to a few, highly trusted, users who have the Checkuser permission.
- Log into other Wikimedia projects.
- Customize their own signatures when they sign on talk pages by going to their preferences.
For more information please visit Wikipedia's article.
Tiếng Việt –