love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
fysx
Citizen

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by fysx »

SuperZazu wrote:Anyone have any idea on how to NOT update the game when the app is not visible (=in the background) ?
I've tried both love.visible(v) and love.focus(f) and neither seem to work...
This should somehow be possible. I created a bug for this: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... east-allow

Maybe you could override love.update(dt) temporarily?
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

retrotails wrote:
Davidobot wrote:Is it possible to call android functions from within LOVE? Or trigger them?
os.execute() should work.
edit:
This opens my game in the play store.

Code: Select all

os.execute('am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d market://details?id=com.pixelpotential.crystalcrash')
Will this work even if I have a function say, called "requestPlay" in my GameActivity.java, how would I run that?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Davidobot wrote:Will this work even if I have a function say, called "requestPlay" in my GameActivity.java, how would I run that?
No. What you want would be a solution for this: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... st-android. Not sure when and how me or someone else (preferably :D ) digs into this.
Morzan
Prole

Post by Morzan »

Two quick things:

The love.system.vibrate() doesn't stop when it's set to a long period of time. If i exit from the launched app (even if i use love.event.quit()), i have to lock the phone to stop it.

Where the hell this app writes the data? I have a rooted phone running Android 4.1.2 and with Total Commander i can't find the files that are made by this app.

But other than that it work pretty well. Now i can do programming on the go. This is the most geek thing ever!
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Morzan wrote:Where the hell this app writes the data? I have a rooted phone running Android 4.1.2 and with Total Commander i can't find the files that are made by this app.
Really! I want to know this too
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

[wiki]love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory[/wiki] will show you the full path to the game's save directory.
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

slime wrote:[wiki]love.filesystem.getSaveDirectory[/wiki] will show you the full path to the game's save directory.
right, that's basic löve stuff, not Android related :)
Abregado
Prole

Post by Abregado »

I've been making some prototypes and testing them on my Android Tablet as well as sending them to some friends to test. Some of them get the blue love stacktrace screen when the app crashes, but none of my devices do.

Is there a way to enable this per device?
Reenen
Prole

Post by Reenen »

Morzan wrote: Where the hell this app writes the data?
On my Note 2, i found it find it fine. But on my S5 I'm not finding where it is installed. Also New android it doesn't work on anymore (could be because the files aren't where I think they are...).
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Abregado wrote:I've been making some prototypes and testing them on my Android Tablet as well as sending them to some friends to test. Some of them get the blue love stacktrace screen when the app crashes, but none of my devices do.

Is there a way to enable this per device?
Older versions of LÖVE for Android (i.e. < 0.9.1) had problems printing the stack-trace as the font rendering was not properly initialized and therefore only showed the blue screen.

Do you have more detailed information what versions of LÖVE you are using? Also the type of Android devices and their Android versions would be very helpful.