IAP(In App Purchase)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
norubal
Party member

IAP(In App Purchase)

Post by norubal »

Any plan to implement built-in IAP(In App Purchase) like Ren'py?
If not, I'm wondering if there is document for implementing IAP in love for android.
fysx
Citizen

Re: IAP(In App Purchase)

Post by fysx »

Not sure whether someone else is planning it I personally do not plan to add it. I also do not think that there will be a IAP-API on the LÖVE side itself and adding for each provider a custom API would be too cumbersome.

The most feasible route I see is by implementing some communication layer with the Java side of the app. I.e. that one could send key-value pairs to Java, do some processing there, and send them back to LÖVE. That way you would implement the IAP code for the provider of your liking in Java as any other Android app and would have to figure out what to communicate between Java and LÖVE to make it happen or to confirm it.

Any progress in the direction of Java-LÖVE-communication will be reported here: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... st-android. Would love to accept some patches for this!
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

That IAP API should be called PAI. :P
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Mmmmm... PAI....
gianmichele
Citizen

Post by gianmichele »

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for both the iOS and Android ports, those are really awesome!!!

I think the proposed solution of creating the hook to be able to call native API is a great idea.
I love how not bloated the ports are and I would prefer for them to stay that way.

Having said that if such hooks are not possible, I'd like to know if someone can write a small guide on how to integrate those native functions for people that want to for example to integrate the native microphone or camera, or enable leaderboards.
I don't really know where to put my hands with that and a small guide would probably help startup these modules by the community.

Thanks,
Gianmichele