"LÖVE FOR ANDROID has stopped working"

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Ulydev
Party member

"LÖVE FOR ANDROID has stopped working"

Post by Ulydev »

Hello everyone, I'm running into (hopefully) the last issue before actually releasing my first two Löve2D games to iOS and Android.

I've searched on the internet and on the forums for answers but it seems like this problem has not been solved. Please tell me if an answer has already been posted. :death:

I followed the instructions to build Löve for Android, as specified in the bitbucket documentation.
I first ran into an issue and had to downgrade the NDK to r10. Then building worked fine and "ant debug" resulted in a test .apk. The problem I'm getting is that whenever I try to install the .apk I built on an Android emulator, it crashes and tells me that "LÖVE FOR ANDROID has stopped working".
At first I thought there was a problem with the emulator. So, I tried to install the pre-built .apk version of Löve available in the bitbucket repo, and... surprisingly, it worked fine. Now that I need to package my game for releasing, I do need to build my own .apk.

I must add that I'm using OSX 10.9.5.

Thank you in advance for your answers, I really need to get this working ASAP as my games need to be released in less than a week.
clofresh
Citizen

Re: "LÖVE FOR ANDROID has stopped working"

Post by clofresh »

Are there any errors in logcat? Does it work when installing the apk onto an actual device?
----------------------------------------
Sluicer Games
Ulydev
Party member

Re: "LÖVE FOR ANDROID has stopped working"

Post by Ulydev »

Hello, clofresh, thank you for your answer.

I should have closed the topic because I finally got it working by downgrading to r9. :huh: