Guide: Building love-native-android

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
User avatar
kalle2990
Party member
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by kalle2990 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 am

T-Bone wrote:That's interesting to hear. Love-audio also crashes during gameplay sometimes (i.e. music/sounds stops playing).

I personally think that having semi-buggy launching from file explorers is fine, since running love-native-android this way is intended for developers and not end-consumers.

And one last thing: other than your first sentence, this post probably belongs in the other thread.
Alright, then I'll keep it that way! ;)

And I was actually thinking to post it in the other thread instead, but now I know, thanks! My next progress updates about this will be posted there.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm

kalle2990 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:That's interesting to hear. Love-audio also crashes during gameplay sometimes (i.e. music/sounds stops playing).

I personally think that having semi-buggy launching from file explorers is fine, since running love-native-android this way is intended for developers and not end-consumers.

And one last thing: other than your first sentence, this post probably belongs in the other thread.
Alright, then I'll keep it that way! ;)

And I was actually thinking to post it in the other thread instead, but now I know, thanks! My next progress updates about this will be posted there.
About what belongs in what thread, that's just my personal opinion of course :P But yeah.

zookies
Prole
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by zookies » Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Ubuntu rocks. I am going to set up the Android SDK tonight!

User avatar
Robin
The Omniscient
Posts: 6506
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:29 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by Robin » Tue May 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Guys, I don't know what to do! I followed all the instructions up to and including Step 7, but the Java files are full of errors, and it complains the build path is wrong. The top item in the build path list is "Unable to get system library for the project". Has anyone else encountered this?
Help us help you: attach a .love.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone » Wed May 23, 2012 7:22 am

Robin wrote:Guys, I don't know what to do! I followed all the instructions up to and including Step 7, but the Java files are full of errors, and it complains the build path is wrong. The top item in the build path list is "Unable to get system library for the project". Has anyone else encountered this?
I had that issue once. For me, Opening the Android SDK Manager and downloading the SDK Platform for Android 2.2 (API 8) solved it for me. Eclipse gave some sort of warning that it wanted API 8 for some reason (this happened with recent builds of love-native-android, earlier ones did not have this issue IIRC).

User avatar
Robin
The Omniscient
Posts: 6506
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:29 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by Robin » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks, I'll try that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone » Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 am

This guide seems to be a bit outdated. Some fixes I mention in the guide here don't apply anymore, as they have been fixed in the original source code. I will update it as soon as I have the time. I will also post how to do the ndk compilation without Eclipse as that seems to work better in some cases.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone » Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Updated it now, I think it should be quite accurate now.

allxumuk
Prole
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by allxumuk » Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 am

Hi all, I have problem on Step 6, Eclipse refuses to export the application:
Eclipse wrote:Application cannot be exported due to the error(s) below.
What should I do?
Sorry for my English.
Translated by Google translate.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone » Sat May 26, 2012 11:02 am

allxumuk wrote:Hi all, I have problem on Step 6, Eclipse refuses to export the application:
Eclipse wrote:Application cannot be exported due to the error(s) below.
What should I do?
Reading the "errors below" would be a start. Posting them here would also help.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests