Guide: Building love-native-android

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
kalle2990
Party member

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by kalle2990 »

T-Bone wrote:That's interesting to hear. Love-audio also crashes during gameplay sometimes (i.e. music/sounds stops playing).

I personally think that having semi-buggy launching from file explorers is fine, since running love-native-android this way is intended for developers and not end-consumers.

And one last thing: other than your first sentence, this post probably belongs in the other thread.
Alright, then I'll keep it that way! ;)

And I was actually thinking to post it in the other thread instead, but now I know, thanks! My next progress updates about this will be posted there.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

kalle2990 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:That's interesting to hear. Love-audio also crashes during gameplay sometimes (i.e. music/sounds stops playing).

I personally think that having semi-buggy launching from file explorers is fine, since running love-native-android this way is intended for developers and not end-consumers.

And one last thing: other than your first sentence, this post probably belongs in the other thread.
Alright, then I'll keep it that way! ;)

And I was actually thinking to post it in the other thread instead, but now I know, thanks! My next progress updates about this will be posted there.
About what belongs in what thread, that's just my personal opinion of course :P But yeah.
zookies
Prole

Post by zookies »

Ubuntu rocks. I am going to set up the Android SDK tonight!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Guys, I don't know what to do! I followed all the instructions up to and including Step 7, but the Java files are full of errors, and it complains the build path is wrong. The top item in the build path list is "Unable to get system library for the project". Has anyone else encountered this?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Robin wrote:Guys, I don't know what to do! I followed all the instructions up to and including Step 7, but the Java files are full of errors, and it complains the build path is wrong. The top item in the build path list is "Unable to get system library for the project". Has anyone else encountered this?
I had that issue once. For me, Opening the Android SDK Manager and downloading the SDK Platform for Android 2.2 (API 8) solved it for me. Eclipse gave some sort of warning that it wanted API 8 for some reason (this happened with recent builds of love-native-android, earlier ones did not have this issue IIRC).
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Thanks, I'll try that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

This guide seems to be a bit outdated. Some fixes I mention in the guide here don't apply anymore, as they have been fixed in the original source code. I will update it as soon as I have the time. I will also post how to do the ndk compilation without Eclipse as that seems to work better in some cases.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Updated it now, I think it should be quite accurate now.
allxumuk
Prole

Post by allxumuk »

Hi all, I have problem on Step 6, Eclipse refuses to export the application:
Eclipse wrote:Application cannot be exported due to the error(s) below.
What should I do?
Sorry for my English.
Translated by Google translate.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

allxumuk wrote:Hi all, I have problem on Step 6, Eclipse refuses to export the application:
Eclipse wrote:Application cannot be exported due to the error(s) below.
What should I do?
Reading the "errors below" would be a start. Posting them here would also help.