CLove,port of Love into C/OpenGL ES 2.0

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
Murii
Party member

Re: CLove,port of Love into C/OpenGL ES 2.0

Post by Murii »

T-Bone wrote:I think what your Readme.md lacks is some kind of motivation. What does Clöve do that Löve doesn't? What is the benefit for the game developer?
You are totally right, you could say it lacks the required motivation to make you use it but I'm planning in adding a demo game as an example and hopefully that will encourage the developers use it, also I need to find the willing to make the build system for web to work. Anyway this framework's goal is not to attract everyone but only those who are willing to get their hands dirty and sometimes change stuff inside the source code. ;)
desman
Prole

Post by desman »

Build failed on Windows 7, I'm using Cygwin64 with Mingw64 toolchain & cmake from cygwin command prompt:

Code: Select all

cmake ../ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:PATH=/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:PATH=/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++
Error message:

[ 49%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullevents.c.o
[ 49%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullframebuffer.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullvideo.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/joystick/dummy/SDL_sysjoystick.c.o
[ 51%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/haptic/dummy/SDL_syshaptic.c.o
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c: In function ‘readSymLink’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:61:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘readlink’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
         rc = readlink(path, retval, len);
         ^
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c: In function ‘SDL_GetPrefPath_REAL’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:193:17: error: too many arguments to function ‘mkdir’
             if (mkdir(retval, 0700) != 0 && errno != EEXIST)
                 ^
In file included from /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/unistd.h:10:0,
                 from /cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:30:
/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/io.h:267:15: note: declared here
   int __cdecl mkdir (const char *) __MINGW_ATTRIB_DEPRECATED_MSVC2005;
               ^
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:198:9: error: too many arguments to function ‘mkdir’
     if (mkdir(retval, 0700) != 0 && errno != EEXIST) {
         ^
In file included from /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/unistd.h:10:0,
                 from /cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:30:
               ^
make[2]: *** [src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/build.make:2343: src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c: In function ‘SDL_Delay_REAL’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c:214:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘select’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
         was_error = select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, &tv);
         ^
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:634: src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:150: all] Error 2
Murii
Party member

Post by Murii »

desman wrote:Build failed on Windows 7, I'm using Cygwin64 with Mingw64 toolchain & cmake from cygwin command prompt:

cmake ../ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:PATH=/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:PATH=/usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++
Error message:

[ 49%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullevents.c.o
[ 49%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullframebuffer.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/video/dummy/SDL_nullvideo.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/joystick/dummy/SDL_sysjoystick.c.o
[ 51%] Building C object src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/haptic/dummy/SDL_syshaptic.c.o
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c: In function ‘readSymLink’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:61:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘readlink’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
         rc = readlink(path, retval, len);
         ^
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c: In function ‘SDL_GetPrefPath_REAL’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:193:17: error: too many arguments to function ‘mkdir’
             if (mkdir(retval, 0700) != 0 && errno != EEXIST)
                 ^
               ^
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c:198:9: error: too many arguments to function ‘mkdir’
     if (mkdir(retval, 0700) != 0 && errno != EEXIST) {
         ^
               ^
make[2]: *** [src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/build.make:2343: src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/src/filesystem/unix/SDL_sysfilesystem.c.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c: In function ‘SDL_Delay_REAL’:
/cygdrive/d/SANDBOX/Love2D/CLove-master/src/3rdparty/SDL2/src/timer/unix/SDL_systimer.c:214:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘select’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
         was_error = select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, &tv);
         ^
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:634: src/3rdparty/SDL2/CMakeFiles/SDL2.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:150: all] Error 2
Thanks for the info, it would be better to post this kind of problems on issues on Github page. I'll look into it right away.

Edit1: I think I might have fixed it.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Murii wrote:
T-Bone wrote:I think what your Readme.md lacks is some kind of motivation. What does Clöve do that Löve doesn't? What is the benefit for the game developer?
You are totally right, you could say it lacks the required motivation to make you use it but I'm planning in adding a demo game as an example and hopefully that will encourage the developers use it, also I need to find the willing to make the build system for web to work. Anyway this framework's goal is not to attract everyone but only those who are willing to get their hands dirty and sometimes change stuff inside the source code. ;)
In that case, I think you should just write that in the Readme. That way, developers can quickly determine if Clöve is something for them or not.
Murii
Party member

Post by Murii »

I just switched to Windows and now it looks like in order to build CLove you'll need DXSDK like you do with Love just because of SDL. I won't force developers to download and install a whole 570mb+ library so that's why for the past two days SDL has been replaced by GLFW only in Windows. That means that the window creation,mouse,keyboard,timer(getDelta,getFPS()) have been rewritten.

Edit 1: Also today someone from github has started helping me organise the project a lot better and for that I'm thankful(hope you see this)
desman
Prole

Post by desman »

the "loveBuild0.3.1_windows.rar" binary from https://github.com/Murii/CLove/releases is still not working.
Murii
Party member

Post by Murii »

desman wrote:the "loveBuild0.3.1_windows.rar" binary from https://github.com/Murii/CLove/releases is still not working.
In order to build CLove on windows you need QT Community the free edition with MinGW installed and the GCC/G++ paths. If you do that then you'll get the .exe file. (I'm using windows right now and it works just fine)

P.S: I'll post the .exe file on github.
Murii
Party member

Post by Murii »

The next big feature in CLove will be 3D which I just started doing today.
The features planned for 3D are :
- camera + frustum culling
- primitive drawings
- lighting ( I'll just provide the ambient lighting and the developers will be able to make their own light system using lua)
- shaders which accept 3D
- model loaders / drawing and manipulation.
There won't be tones of features regarding 3D because I'm not trying to make a game engine but a framework so if you're planning in making fancy games there will be the required features to support your idea but you(the developer) will need to put the most effort in coding all your stuff.

Edit 1 02:15 / 6 / 8 / 2016: CLove has rotation/scale/translation/camera for 3D so basically you can make doom like games or 2.5D or perhaps isometric games.
Arty
Prole

Post by Arty »

Murii wrote:The next big feature in CLove will be 3D which I just started doing today.
The features planned for 3D are :
- camera + frustum culling
- primitive drawings
- lighting ( I'll just provide the ambient lighting and the developers will be able to make their own light system using lua)
- shaders which accept 3D
- model loaders / drawing and manipulation.
There won't be tones of features regarding 3D because I'm not trying to make a game engine but a framework so if you're planning in making fancy games there will be the required features to support your idea but you(the developer) will need to put the most effort in coding all your stuff.

Edit 1 02:15 / 6 / 8 / 2016: CLove has rotation/scale/translation/camera for 3D so basically you can make doom like games or 2.5D or perhaps isometric games.
Wow your port is very cool. For 3D part of your framework I would recommend to use a OpenB3D library. It's based on MiniB3D, but contains a lot of improvements. It's repeats all 3d functions of old Blitz3D. it's free and opensource, very simple to use entity system, animated meshes, particles and much more.
Some links:
OpenB3D Sourceforge page
Direct link to OpenB3D sources
OpenB3D freebasic forum