Does Android support love.filesystem?

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
Techron
Prole

Does Android support love.filesystem?

Post by Techron »

Hey guys. I am making an Android game and I am trying to make a save system. It works perfect on PC, but not so well on Android. For example: say I had a variable named levels1, and it was equal to love.filesystem.read("levels1"). If I do print("levels1") on PC, it will show that levels1 is equal to "true". But on android, it shows that it is equal to "Rar!♣♣6s♣♣♣♣♣♣♣". I really need help.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Does Android support love.filesystem?

Post by bartbes »

Unsurprisingly, "Rar!" is exactly what a rar file starts with. Are you sure you've packaged the right file?
Techron
Prole

Post by Techron »

Yes because the .love works
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

that doesn't mean squat though. For some people, 7zip compressed love files worked, and for others, they didn't. It's probably the OS's hand in this one. (or rather, whatever löve on each platform uses to decompress files)

Make sure you're compressing with a plain old zip compressor.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

More specifically, you should use DEFLATE algorithm, which is pretty much guaranteed to be supported. LZMA and the like are also widely supported but may or may not actually be included.

On unrelated note, you really shouldn't use Rar. It proliferates proprietary standards and what's worse, it's not even widely supported format so people would often have to install additional software just to extract it. It's not even that good at the one thing it should be doing, there are faster and tighter open source compressors out there.