Love2D on EOMA68 A20 card

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
8bitDev
Prole

Love2D on EOMA68 A20 card

Post by 8bitDev »

Hi guys

I am new here and interested to know what would the performance be and if the love2d can work properly on A20 card with Parabola GNU/linux-libre or at least Devuan on it?

You can take a look at the specs

http://linux-sunxi.org/A20

EOMA68 standard should not be any different performance wise ,its just the matter of drivers and my interest if software rendering could do the job or 3D acceleration is required.

Regards
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Love2D on EOMA68 A20 card

Post by bartbes »

If it runs a normal linux system (it seems to) and it supports OpenGL ES2 (which that page claims it does) it should run. It's hard to tell if it's going to be perform well, or if the graphics driver is going to be horrible though. I know the Raspberry Pi supposedly runs love okay-ish, and many phones (that may have similar hardware?) run love well.

As for software rendering.. you really don't want to use that, especially if you haven't got cpu power to spare. The linked page does claim there is OpenGL ES2 support, so presumably that means hardware acceleration?
Sulunia
Party member

Post by Sulunia »

bartbes wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:01 am [...] presumably that means hardware acceleration?
Apparently, it does! :crazy:
Link posted by OP about A20 wrote:Allwinner A20 (sun7i) SoC features a Dual-Core Cortex-A7 ARM CPU, and a Mali400 MP2 GPU from ARM.
Allwinner A20 is a low-end (budget) version of the A31. It shares its Cortex-A7 ARM CPU architecture, but at the same time it is also pin-to-pin compatible with A10.
A20 is fully supported by the community from linux-sunxi 3.4 kernel and later.
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
8bitDev
Prole

Post by 8bitDev »

bartbes wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:01 am If it runs a normal linux system (it seems to) and it supports OpenGL ES2 (which that page claims it does) it should run. It's hard to tell if it's going to be perform well, or if the graphics driver is going to be horrible though. I know the Raspberry Pi supposedly runs love okay-ish, and many phones (that may have similar hardware?) run love well.

As for software rendering.. you really don't want to use that, especially if you haven't got cpu power to spare. The linked page does claim there is OpenGL ES2 support, so presumably that means hardware acceleration?
Trick is that MaliGPU does have blobs in it and its more trickier to deblob it compared to the software rendering so hardware acceleration is in question.

Goal with EOMA68 standard and A20 card model signed as LibreTea computer card is to have completely Libre device with source code for every part of it that is running,something like Libreboot powered devices but new,which is the reason for me highly supporting it.

There will be more advance hardware in the future however even with this card a lot can be done,at least i hope so.

Regards