Love2dCS

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
endlesstravel
Prole

Love2dCS

Post by endlesstravel »

Hi everybody, Love2dCS is a C# Wrapper for LÖVE.
It means you can make your game with C# in the way you make game in LÖVE .

just install an Nuget package and you can run it on windows/debain8+(ubuntu 14+)/macos 8+

Check out it on Github.

I always forget what I did in lua code, so ... :?
However, truth be told, it means your lost support from so much libraries already exist in LÖVE as well.

It still in development, temporarily not support physics module.

------- update 2019.04.12 -------
physics module support already added. (finally..., get rid of something <_< )

------- update 2019.12.26 -------
now, you can run it on macOS 7+
Last edited by endlesstravel on Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
- Is life always this hard,or is it just when you're a kid?
- Always like this.
Sir_Silver
Party member

Re: Love2dCS

Post by Sir_Silver »

Seems pretty cool! Can't imagine myself wanting to program in C# over Lua when it comes to Love2D though, I think if I was going to use C# I would be using Unity! =P
endlesstravel
Prole

Post by endlesstravel »

Yes, I think Unity3d is pretty choice. And, there may be a misunderstanding here, Love2dCS enable you directly call LÖVE function not through lua.
- Always like this.
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

endlesstravel wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 am Love2dCS enable you directly call LÖVE function not through lua.
I think that was clear. When Sir_SIlver said "C# over Lua", he meant to favor one over the other.

Anyway, cool project. Although I'm a C# coder myself, I'm wary of such wrappers in general. They may introduce extra bugs, be incomplete, or not up to date. Not to mention they might affect performances (might be interesting to benchmark it). I don't mean to sound overly negative, though, it's still a nice project.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It's still a bit rough around the edges, like getting NullReferenceExceptions when calling Love.Graphics.NewImage on a file that doesn't exist, but it's cool to see love being used from another language. As I wanted to test this, I got it compiling and running on linux (with mono), so I sent you a pull request with my changes.

I kind of feel like the c library component could also be useful for bindings for other languages.

I also moved the topic to the Ports subforum. I guess it's not really a port to another device/os as such, but it seemed like a more sensible place than the Libraries and Tools subforum to me.
endlesstravel
Prole

Post by endlesstravel »

Thanks for your advice!
I have not yet try to build Love2dCS on Linux.
Agree with your point of view. And this posts indeed suitable for staying in Ports subforum.
- Always like this.
endlesstravel
Prole

Post by endlesstravel »

Stifu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 am
endlesstravel wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 am Love2dCS enable you directly call LÖVE function not through lua.
I think that was clear. When Sir_SIlver said "C# over Lua", he meant to favor one over the other.

Anyway, cool project. Although I'm a C# coder myself, I'm wary of such wrappers in general. They may introduce extra bugs, be incomplete, or not up to date. Not to mention they might affect performances (might be interesting to benchmark it). I don't mean to sound overly negative, though, it's still a nice project.
Haha, I am not a native speaker of English. My English makes me misunderstood many sentences. This time I learned some language knowledge of prepositions. :D
- Always like this.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

To be fair, the way it's written could mean both.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
endlesstravel
Prole

Post by endlesstravel »

bartbes wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:28 pm It's still a bit rough around the edges, like getting NullReferenceExceptions when calling Love.Graphics.NewImage on a file that doesn't exist, but it's cool to see love being used from another language. As I wanted to test this, I got it compiling and running on linux (with mono), so I sent you a pull request with my changes.

I kind of feel like the c library component could also be useful for bindings for other languages.

I also moved the topic to the Ports subforum. I guess it's not really a port to another device/os as such, but it seemed like a more sensible place than the Libraries and Tools subforum to me.
When you calling Love.Graphics.NewImage on a file that doesn't exist it must be throw a error which is "file not exist" !
Love2dDll.CheckCAPIException will response for error check. :awesome:
- Always like this.
Remixful
Prole

Post by Remixful »

Awesome, I'm going to try it out! :awesome:
Will it possible to reference external Love2D libraries?