I made an alarm clock that I want to expand it to a TV

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
icekiller8002
Prole

I made an alarm clock that I want to expand it to a TV

Post by icekiller8002 »

Basically, I made an alarm clock that allows you to set your own alarm. Once the time is equal to your alarm time, an old-class electronic alarm clock ring will play, and you will be asked to solve a math problem. Once you get the math problem right, the alarm stops. If you would like to check it out, view the .love attachment below. (Be sure to use your numeric keypad for the keyboard input, not the keyboard)

What I want to do with this program is that I want to make it into an actual alarm clock that can be used everyday by using the program on a TV. What kind of supplies would I need (type of numeric keypad, type of TV, other supplies), and how would I set it up? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I discovered a bug where the alarm would ignore the AM/PM and go off only if the minute and hour were equal. (example: the alarm would go off if the time was 1:40 PM but the alarm was 1:40 AM)

EDIT 2: I discovered another bug where if the hour was 1-11, it would be a negative number. This has been fixed.
Attachments
Alarm.love
(98.65 KiB) Downloaded 721 times
Last edited by icekiller8002 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
  love.graphics.print("obey")
end
Tjakka5
Party member

Re: I made an alarm clock that I want to expand it to a TV

Post by Tjakka5 »

The easiest way would be to get a Raspberry Pi along with a cheap usb keypad from China or something.
Then you can put the project on there and run it, and you just need to connect it to a display that supports HDMI.

This can be a cheap monitor or a screen specifically for the Pi.
Do note that such a project would be very pricey. Probably around 150,- if not more.

The cheaper alternative would be to get an arduino, get it on a LCD display and add some input.
It wouldn't be as cool but you could get it done for under 10,-.
KayleMaster
Party member

Re: I made an alarm clock that I want to expand it to a TV

Post by KayleMaster »

I think he wants it as an app on an android tv for example. They're pretty much the same as android phones architecture wise, so you can try exporting for android, but I have no idea how you'd get it on the TV.