Tilt reboot (alpha 4) - need as many testers as possible!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
LuaWeaver
Party member

Re: Tilt reboot - need as many testers as possible!

Post by LuaWeaver »

Works just like teh video. Look at mai test on Windows 7. Lookie :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BULkdohZY
"your actions cause me to infer your ego is the size of three houses" -finley
drunken_munki
Party member

Re: Tilt reboot - need as many testers as possible!

Post by drunken_munki »

nil
Last edited by drunken_munki on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesselode
Party member

Re: Tilt reboot (alpha 2) - need as many testers as possible

Post by Tesselode »

Alpha 2 is out. It's good to know that no one on this forum is having problems so far; now I'll see if I can get anyone on TIGSource to test it (they're the ones who had problems before). So yeah, more testing would be appreciated. Just want to make sure my code is solid before I start doing fancy stuff again.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Tesselode wrote:Alpha 2 is out. It's good to know that no one on this forum is having problems so far; now I'll see if I can get anyone on TIGSource to test it (they're the ones who had problems before). So yeah, more testing would be appreciated. Just want to make sure my code is solid before I start doing fancy stuff again.
Works perfectly for me.

One quick note: The setColor on line 91 is unneeded, you'll always be at 255, 255, 255, 255 because of the setColor on line 108. Same goes for the else setColor on lines 99-100.

Alternatively, you could change out the color values slightly to be a little more pleasing to the eye. For example, I switched to setColor(64, 128, 255) on line 91, setColor(255, 32, 32) on line 98, setColor(196, 128, 64) on line 100, and left line 108 alone. Putting in just a little more color, somewhat muted in saturation, makes the game much easier to look at.

Edit: Also, this adds some interesting replay value to this alpha:

Code: Select all

function love.keypressed(key, unicode)
	if tonumber(key) ~= nil then
		world:setGravity(0, tonumber(key) * 100)
	end
end
All it does is make the gravity equal to the number you press, times 100.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
sentry
Prole

Post by sentry »

Hi, The test ran like your vid without any glitches.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

It works well, but I found it nearly impossible to get from the first bracket to the second.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Here's alpha 3. I got the level loader working again, and I improved it by using length and angle for the platforms instead of width and height. There's a preview level which shows off platforms, walls, and springs. And I'm using hump for gamestates and timers.

I'm having a problem with the .love file, and I'm not sure if anyone else is going to have this problem too, but it's complaining about states/gameplay/levelloader.lua being missing. It's there. I don't see what the problem is. When it's not in a .love file, it works fine. If anyone can tell me why this is, that would be great. It would also be great if anyone could tell me why the platform refuses to rotate when you start the game sometimes.
Attachments
tilt_reboot_a3.love
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

OK, so the missing file problem is only occurring in Linux. Any idea why that is?

Edit: It only seems to dislike it when the file is two folders deep. Moving levelloader.lua into "states" works just fine.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

It's because you have a file called "gameplay.lua" next to your "gameplay" folder. I guess the loader gets confused by that.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Lua Hal
Citizen

Post by Lua Hal »

I didn't find a bug, but I suggest a setting for the weight of the ball, it seemed far to light.
Also, maybe alternately use the arrow keys or WASD to control the movement of the paddles, the mouse seemed clunky and hard to use.