Snayke - Out now! Version 1.1, soundtrack available

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Snayke - Out now! Version 1.1

Post by slime »

I just released an update for the game. As always, you can download the demo here (love file here) and buy the full version on Desura.
DajFf.png
DajFf.png (194.49 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Changelog:
  • Added bombs to random powerup spawns when powerup setting is enabled in classic multiplayer mode
  • Added graphics workaround for systems which don't support subtractive blend mode
  • Changed bots in classic multiplayer to wait a short time (based on bot difficulty) before acquiring a new destination when the current one is invalidated
  • Changed game settings to default to windowed mode
  • Changed resolution detection to only allow fullscreen resolutions with ratios 1 < ratio < 2 and sizes below 3000x2000
  • Fixed classic multiplayer matches waiting for key input after the first round
  • Fixed intro accidentally being enabled when shaders aren't supported
  • Fixed 'Open Folder' buttons not opening the correct subfolder in windows
  • Fixed replay save button in game over menus being enabled when exiting level which hasn't started yet
  • Fixed self-replenishing blocks in replays
  • Fixed rare sorting error in classic multiplayer mode with bots
  • Fixed transition from menu to ingame when using the Restart button after a classic multiplayer match
  • Optimized drawing blocks which have no links
  • Optimized level restart code
  • Tweaked level auto-restart fade time
  • Tweaked level order in section 5
  • Tweaked spawn rate of powerups in classic mode when powerup setting is enabled
  • Tweaked some default level completion times
Additionally, the full soundtrack for the game is now available on the composer's website. Cover art is included as playable in-game levels! Check it out.
frpnit
Prole

Re: Snayke - Out now! Version 1.1, soundtrack available

Post by frpnit »

Finally tried the demo and...

Amazing work! Didn't think I could see something new on an already very known game. Loved the puzzle elements on it. And as the snake isn't so easy to maneuver as i've thought, it's more challenging than i could have imagined!

Very soon I'll be buying this one, you deserve the support. Congrats!
FRP
  • Graphic Designer
  • Hobbyst Programmer
[/color]
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

nice.
Lua is not an acronym.
Elena5
Prole

Post by Elena5 »

Very nice game but two things annoy me. I like to play a game with a pad, but for snayke only the menu is supported, not the main battle. Moreover, by looking at the code, the shaders you are using are very easy to reproduce for the CPU. Since my graphic card does not support shaders (intel chipset) I would really love to see a lightweight port of these shaders.

Still, thanks a lot for this great game !
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Elena5 wrote:I like to play a game with a pad, but for snayke only the menu is supported, not the main battle.
You can rebind the in-game (rather than in-menu) controls in the Player Setup menu.
Elena5 wrote:Moreover, by looking at the code, the shaders you are using are very easy to reproduce for the CPU. Since my graphic card does not support shaders (intel chipset) I would really love to see a lightweight port of these shaders.
Bloom is not accurately reproducible on the CPU. The background shader has a few components: the "color ripple" aspect is not accurately reproducible without a shader, but the vignette is - and in fact the game falls back to an image-based vignette if shaders are off. Using the image-based vignette with the shader-based background color ripple causes heavy banding. The tile pattern part of the background shader has a shaderless fallback as well, which doesn't look quite as good due to differences in blending methods.
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

I am looking forward to playing this game with shaders, then.
Lua is not an acronym.
Elena5
Prole

Post by Elena5 »

Nice then ! I haven't tried it very thoroughly... My mistake.