WRATH (Zombie Survival)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Kuromeku
Party member

WRATH (Zombie Survival)

Post by Kuromeku »

After ËNVY comes WRATH.

At the moment WRATH is just to show what ËNVY (LÖVE Framework) can do at the moment. I hope you can enjoy what little there is.

Green Bastards

Slow zombies which deal a small amount of damage. (You get 1 point for killing).

Red Bastards

Fast zombies which deal more damage than green ones. (You get 5 points for killing).

Blue Bastards

Reasonably fast zombies which deal a great amount of damage. The thing is though, they only reveal themselves when they are far away from you, when they get close they disguise themselves as green zombies. They also reveal themselves when they are attacking you. (You get 10 points for killing).

Pink Bastards

Slow zombies which deal the most amount of damage, whenever they see items they will crowd around them and try to prevent you from getting them. Be careful! These zombies hurt! (You get 1 point for killing).

Version: Phase 4.
Download: http://kudomiku.com/dump/lua/wrath/wrath.love.
Changelog:

Code: Select all

[Phase 4]
	* Posted the WRATH thread on the LÖVE forums.
	* Began the changelog.

Last edited by Kuromeku on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Voker57
Prole

Re: [7 Deadly Sins] Wrath (Zombie Survival)

Post by Voker57 »

I've tried to launch exe via wine and got this:

wine: Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x7b83fb93 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Then I extracted the sources (am I a pirate now? Yarr!) and tried to launch them and got this:

love: box2d/Source/Collision/b2BroadPhase.cpp:143: void b2BroadPhase::ComputeBounds(uint16*, uint16*, const b2AABB&): Assertion `aabb.upperBound.x > aabb.lowerBound.x' failed.
Borsty
Citizen

Post by Borsty »

Whoa, awesome game :D
It's just a little hard to play with an.. uhm.. touchpad on a notebook xD

/me wants minigun

Oh and for the guy above, no problems with running it on xp
Voker57
Prole

Post by Voker57 »

well i'm not going to buy windows to play that
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I got the exact same errors as Voker57 (and yes, I'm running linux). (I didn't try wine, I went strait for

love envy.exe
)
If this is a problem with linux, I am going to delete the game straight away (from my HDD) as I think a game published on a multiplatform engine should be just as multiplatform.
However, as it does sound good, I'm hoping there's an easy fix..
Kaze
Party member

Post by Kaze »

The movement is a little wierd, but it's fun! :D
Kuromeku
Party member

Post by Kuromeku »

Thanks, it's very early. I might do levels and stuff with a weapon selection GUI thing.

I'm just waiting for some GUI libs :D
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Voker57 wrote:I've tried to launch exe via wine and got this:

wine: Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x7b83fb93 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Then I extracted the sources (am I a pirate now? Yarr!) and tried to launch them and got this:

love: box2d/Source/Collision/b2BroadPhase.cpp:143: void b2BroadPhase::ComputeBounds(uint16*, uint16*, const b2AABB&): Assertion `aabb.upperBound.x > aabb.lowerBound.x' failed.
It runs fine with wine (am I a poet now? To be or not to be? ;) ) using wine-1.0.1-174-gc4039bd

PS: running the exe via love fails however

PPS: I do recommend to not create games that go to fullscreen by default.

OOPS: An interesting idea. The physics remind me of the gravity level of the chains game.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
SamPerson12345
Prole

Post by SamPerson12345 »

I keep getting this error:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Box2D sees it fit to err segfault-style if the user fails in a minor way, like specifying bad rectangles (upperBound < lowerBound), polygon vertices ordered incorrectly, etc. LÖVE will have to protect against this and fail gracefully (some day).

It's odd that this does not happen to everyone, however. Works just fine on my computer(s).
SamPerson12345 wrote:"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
This leads me to believe that Kudo forgot to include Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest or a required DLL. Or, he used the "zipped binaries" package for Windows from love2d.org, in which case I forgot to include Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest. :D ... Yeah, I should probably fix that.

Unless you use additional platform specific libraries, I discourage posting of merged binaries on love2d.org, as it is the only place on the internet where this really isn't required (or desired). Everyone here has love installed already, so .love-files will do just fine.

Now: Cool game! I did find the control scheme a bit weird, though. I missed the ability to strafe ... :cry: