Sound Stealth

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jimanzium
Party member

Sound Stealth

Post by Jimanzium »

I've made a prototype for a game I've been thinking about. The idea is that you can't see your enemies, but you can hear them. This means they can also hear you. There is no art as I'm not sure if other people will find the game easy to understand but want to found out if they will.

The circle around your player is the sound you are making, walking will make you quieter, running will make you louder. If this circle goes over an enemy they will hear you. If the sound an enemy is making goes over your character you can hear them, and thus know where they are. In each level you have to get to the goal, the white square.

Controls:
WASD - Movement
Space - Sprint
Shift - Sneak
R - Retry
/ - Shows the enemies (De-bug purposes)
Attachments
SoundStealth.love
Sound Stealth Prototype
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
daviddoran
Prole

Re: Sound Stealth

Post by daviddoran »

I love the idea and the overlapping circles make sense! Once you add some sound we can really try it out ;)
Rickton
Party member

Post by Rickton »

Neat idea. The sneak circle seems too small...they have to basically bump into you to detect you. If you played slowly and carefully enough, you'd run almost no risk of getting caught (of course, that's only in theory, I'm not patient enough to try and play that methodically!).
Very neat idea, though.
Possession - Escape from the Nether Regions, my roguelike made in LÖVE for the 2013 7-Day Roguelike Challenge
And its sequel, simply called Possession , which is available on itch.io or Steam, and whose engine I've open-sourced!
buhb11
Citizen

Post by buhb11 »

I love the idea.Keep working on it!
I found Love very enjoyable and nice!
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Very nice, I've never seen something like this... this has quite some potential!
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
timmeh42
Citizen

Post by timmeh42 »

To make it slightly easier (and realistic) you could add a hot/cold type of feature, that with a fading sqaure or something shows what your character can hear, but not in which direction - so if the square gets brighter, you know something is getting closer, which can give you more of a warning.