Mine Runner, my first Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Happy_G
Prole

Mine Runner, my first Game

Post by Happy_G »

wanted to post this to get some opinions on it, its the first game i have made, not just LOVE game but first game ever.

w,s,a,d for movement

q,e,z,c for diagonals

arrow keys work as well

r - resets the level you are on (100 point penalty)

the box on the right side of the screen shows the block that your character is standing on.

objective: reach the exit ladder w/o hitting the mines, its a spin off of mine sweep.

scoring: each block that is still covered is worth 5 points each once the ladder is reached as a bonus score. you get 100x points for completing a level where x = the level you are currently on, hitting r (used after steping on a mine) costs you 100 points.

and of course id like to hear feedback, thank you for looking at the game ^^

edit: i suppose attaching it would have helped ><
Attachments
Mine Runner.love
(6.55 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
Voker57
Prole

Re: Mine Runner, my first Game

Post by Voker57 »

I really like the idea of game, because i like minesweeper and this game seems to be fresh approach to it.

Although it seems too easy for me. It's possible to get to ladder without risking a finger. Do levels get more tough with time?

Also, i'd like to see more red flags, explosions, blood and smooth graphics in this game :)
Happy_G
Prole

Post by Happy_G »

yes it does get harder altho after playing it myself for more than 5 lvls at a time it should probably add more than 1 bomb per lvl.

currently the bomb count is

bomb = level + 10

i might change it to

bomb = 2 * level + 10

that would make it get harder twice as fast, also it currently doesnt have an end to it, it goes until it literally becomes impossible and doesnt matter how many times you die.

and yes, adding flags would probably be a good idea, it would make it easier at lvl 70+ :P
Attachments
level84.PNG
level84.PNG (49.14 KiB) Viewed 10383 times
level69.PNG
level69.PNG (27.49 KiB) Viewed 10381 times
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

I agree with it being too easy. It only starts getting challenging in the later levels when you have to traverse on the numbers to get anywhere. Flags would be a good idea and perhaps MORE EXPLOSIONS!
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
farvardin
Party member

Post by farvardin »

good idea, it's nice the arrows are working, but when using a non qwerty keyboard, it's not easy to get the diagonals. If I remap my keyboard to US English, it's not working either.
Happy_G
Prole

Post by Happy_G »

i am not familiar with the non-qwerty keyboards, ill have to look them up and figure something out, thank you :)
Tabasco
Citizen

Post by Tabasco »

This is a pretty fresh take on minesweeper, good work.