[LD27] Triad

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

[LD27] Triad

Post by BlackBulletIV »

screen-01-downsized.png
screen-01-downsized.png (160.84 KiB) Viewed 5924 times
Well, this time I made my Ludum Dare entry with LÖVE. To quote the description: "Triad is mix of top-down shooting, puzzle, and strategy. You control three unique soldiers, playing them each one by one for 10 seconds. Each soldier overlaps in time with the previously played soldiers. Use their abilities in combination to eliminate all hostile defence turrets."

You can download it via its Ludum Dare page or just download the attached .love file. Also, the source code if you wish to take a look.

And before anyone says it, yes, the concept is similar to 10 Second War.
triad.love
The bug allowing you to shoot with your shield up should be fixed in this version.
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Last edited by BlackBulletIV on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Re: [LD27] Triad

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

are you gonna continue making the game?
Im having alot of fun playing it
An agent of the free

check out the game I'm doing with Jkash!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

At this point, most likely. I'm working on other things at the moment, but I plan to get back to it sometime soon. Cleaning the code up will be the biggest barrier to progress I think.
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

BlackBulletIV wrote:At this point, most likely. I'm working on other things at the moment, but I plan to get back to it sometime soon. Cleaning the code up will be the biggest barrier to progress I think.
Ill upload the updated version asap!
An agent of the free

check out the game I'm doing with Jkash!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Awesome game! Good work! Also this reminds me of a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBawCe6du3w
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Very well done! If anyone finds it "op" or "unbalanced" I can recommend making your own rules. I tried to involve every character, not .etting anyone die and try to get as many "style points" as possible :D

I played through all 10 levels and it was very fun. Sure its very similar to 10 second War. But most games are similar to a ton of already existing games :).
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Davidobot wrote:Awesome game! Good work! Also this reminds me of a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBawCe6du3w
That was probably the main inspiration for this game, along with 10 Second War.
Jeeper wrote:Very well done! If anyone finds it "op" or "unbalanced" I can recommend making your own rules. I tried to involve every character, not .etting anyone die and try to get as many "style points" as possible :D
Oh thanks for reminding me. I should upload the updated .love file to the forums. The shield's balance was completely out due to a bug which allowed you to shoot with your shield up.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

BlackBulletIV wrote:
Davidobot wrote:Awesome game! Good work! Also this reminds me of a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBawCe6du3w
That was probably the main inspiration for this game, along with 10 Second War.
Jeeper wrote:Very well done! If anyone finds it "op" or "unbalanced" I can recommend making your own rules. I tried to involve every character, not .etting anyone die and try to get as many "style points" as possible :D
Oh thanks for reminding me. I should upload the updated .love file to the forums. The shield's balance was completely out due to a bug which allowed you to shoot with your shield up.
Aha, that's awesome, now I can play through the game again :). I reckon this will be a true challange :D
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

I actually took the time to record my success :).

All of the wins had these conditions: Use all 3 as much as possible. Let no one die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ekRQAaTBqc
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Wow, sweet. It's great to see others coming up with strategies different to what I came up with. I may link this in the Ludum Dare page for now.

How'd you manage to record it without massive performance issues? Or did you use a non-Windows operating system to do so?