Demo Street Fighter - Ryu

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
mLaPL
Prole

Demo Street Fighter - Ryu

Post by mLaPL »

Hi, I only try make simple moved Ryu from street fighter... with same effect. that's all. this is not project. for me closed demo. end. I will show, meybe any guy will create game like this, meybe this help. sorry for my english :/

file added:
demo_street_fighter.rar
demo_street_fighter
(70.05 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
osuf oboys
Party member

Re: Demo Street Fighter - Ryu

Post by osuf oboys »

That's nice but I think that some of the transparent pixels are missing from the animations. If you e.g. compare the location of the toes in the various frames, you will find that the frame width is more like 78 than 75.

Instead of setting the animations manually when things are pressed, perhaps you should use a function that does it for you. This could even be changed to a check at update to see if the "state" of the character has changed.
If I haven't written anything else, you may assume that my work is released under the LPC License - the LÖVE Community. See http://love2d.org/wiki/index.php?title=LPC_License.
someguy99
Prole

Post by someguy99 »

This is a pretty helpful example when it comes to animations.
The only bug i found was:
When you jump,after realising the up key,the animation stops.You should change the code so tha the animation will run untill
Ryu touches the ground.
TheMyst
Prole

Post by TheMyst »

Thank you so freakin' much! I get how animations work now!It's a shame I'll have to go back to game maker to make the sprite sequences though... ugh...