LovelyBigPlanet

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
kalle2990
Party member

Re: LovelyBigPlanet

Post by kalle2990 »

if you have google wave I can add you to the wave (same goes for anyone wanting to join the wave and/or project)
I have google wave
Last edited by kalle2990 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Most lovely!
kalle2990 wrote:I have google wave, kalle2990@gmail.com
Excellent, added you.
Deecodeuh wrote:I'm new to lua, but not new to programming. If you can get me a working version of what you have so far I think I'd want to join as a person that tidy's up the loose ends. I don't want to do physics, but I'd be willing to program about anything else.
Great! The project's located at http://github.com/bartbes/lovelybigplanet/, I'm sure you can find the download button. ;) If you can use Git, even better.
Pliskin09 wrote:linky to the style of graphics you need? i might be able to help
Graphics is good. ^^
You might want to read the design document, and otherwise talk to bartbes.
If you want to see some of the graphics we already have (mostly placeholders though), you can look in resources/
Help us help you: attach a .love.
rhezalouis
Party member

[RLC]may i help?

Post by rhezalouis »

i wonder if this project is still going? may i join this project?

i haven't played LBP [didn't have any console] but seeing some videos at youtube makes me fall in löve to the artwork. i am a mediocre programmer still struggling with the stable LÖVE 0.5.0 and some Lua script. i löve to code in a neat systemic way with a clear standardized convention.

or, i can help to do the artwork or some simple audio-composing. [if you need to see my drawing style please refer to http://rhezalouis.deviantart.com/].

i am currently doing my final poject, too. i hope i could learn more about this lövely framework and its community. :megagrin:
Aargh, I am wasting my posts! My citizenshiiiip... :o
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: [RLC]may i help?

Post by Robin »

rhezalouis wrote:i wonder if this project is still going? may i join this project?
It's sort of paused right now. That's because it's just two main developers (bartbes and myself), and if we have something else going on in our life we can't work on it. But I'm sure you can join. We usually hang out at #lovelybigplanet on IRC, if you want to talk to one of us in real-time.
rhezalouis wrote:i haven't played LBP [didn't have any console] but seeing some videos at youtube makes me fall in löve to the artwork. i am a mediocre programmer still struggling with the stable LÖVE 0.5.0 and some Lua script. i löve to code in a neat systemic way with a clear standardized convention.
Well, you can probably learn both 0.6.0 and more Lua as you go along. Systematic coding is very welcome! ^^
rhezalouis wrote:or, i can help to do the artwork or some simple audio-composing. [if you need to see my drawing style please refer to http://rhezalouis.deviantart.com/].
That's great! We really do need art in order to get anywhere.
rhezalouis
Party member

[RLC]current status

Post by rhezalouis »

howdy! :ultrahappy:
this project's update would be: i am waiting for a response to
yesterday, rhezalouis on #lovelybigplanet@irc.freenode.net wrote:i am looking forward to see a nice list of things to do/draw so people can grab some and lend a hand. please don't forget to kindly send me some information about this project's heading. :megagrin: "
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You might want to check out the DevInfo folder in the repo, and specifically the requests subfolder.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: [RLC]current status

Post by Robin »

rhezalouis wrote:this project's update would be:
Always nice to know where we are. ;)
rhezalouis
Party member

[RLC]microwave

Post by rhezalouis »

here you are, the microwave you order through the github request. you have not specify the perspective, so i draw it in three-quarters; i hope it's acceptable. i encourage honest critiques of these images. :megagrin:
the idle pose of mr. microwave
the idle pose of mr. microwave
microwave0 - closed.png (36.99 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
press the button and he'd share his warmth
press the button and he'd share his warmth
microwave1 - open.png (40.12 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
Some rights reserved. The works attached in this post are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Last edited by rhezalouis on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I just gave it a try... Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. I may be able to help a little bit, though: It seems that the player character moves around with physics, right? Well, if you want a more smooth system of it you can try taking a look at what I did in my Physics Platformer Test. What'd probably interest you the most is the playermovement() function.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
rhezalouis
Party member

[RLC]player sprite proposal

Post by rhezalouis »

<robin-gvx> on #lovelybigplanet@irc.freenode. wrote: and well, i believe the microwave's a joke -- i wasn't there when it was put in requests/ though
:surprise: it is not very funny, bartbes ... .

anyway, :megagrin: i'd like to propose a draft of a new instance for the player object. it's a rough digital drawing of the SaltedNuts' LÖVE mascot [i wonder if those parts are ears, i prefer those to be hands]. honest critiques to my works are always encouraged, so please drop me a line or two.
SaltedNuts
SaltedNuts
[propose-RLC]player.png (9.66 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
The SaltedNuts mascot character is not mine. Some rights are reserved. The works attached in this post are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Last edited by rhezalouis on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.