LovelyBigPlanet

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
rude
Administrator

Re: LovelyBigPlanet

Post by rude »

Awesome.

LBP uses physics extensively, so you should probably wait until 0.6.0 with any actual coding.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Currently all the code is file formats and a square affected by gravity, but once 0.6 is released I feel obliged to make the physics part do 'something' and then start working on other sides, hopefully someone else can finish the physics.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I've picked it up again, robin is helping with code and snakeface is working on some artwork, current development version: http://www.nanosleep.net/love/loves/1247480213.LBP.love
Controls:
Up = Jump
Left = well, left
Right = right
Down = next layer (other layers are slightly transparent)

And I know about the walljumping etc, that is not a bug, it's officially a feature, we thought it'd be nice.. allows for different gameplay.
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Hi bartbes! The version of LBP in your previous post... its a broken link. I've downloaded the version at the first post, good job so far! :ultraglee:

Only I couldn't get to the top left corner though. :x
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

We try to keep the master branch running, so you can just download that if you want.
About finishing the test map: As you might've figured out, you need the 'vertical' platform on the right, let me walk you through it.
You go to the bottom right platform, jump over the gap (makes sense, doesn't it?), then jump against the 'vertical' platform, keep pressing the right button and you will hold on to the platform.
If you know use the up key you will 'climb' the platform. Once you're at the top, let the up key go, then let the right key go and quickly hold the keft key. About halfway between the 'vertical' and top right platform tap the up key, this will allow you to jump. (You can jump once for every contact). You will find yourself on the top right platform, move to the left, jump over the gap, switch layers (using either A or Z), read the sign, walk past it and you've made it.

For everyone who worries they wouldn't be able to finish this by himself, don't worry this is only a test map.

P.S. RIP lovehost...

EDIT: read next 2 posts on why I edited...
Last edited by bartbes on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

bartbes wrote:Once you're at the top, let the up key go, then let the left key go and quickly hold the right key.
Don't you mean "let the right key go and quickly hold the left key"?

Plus, the top left platform is on another layer, so you have to switch first -- the A and Z keys rotate through the layers, and you can use number keys 1-9 to select a specific layer.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Can't you just PM me that, so I can edit, and nobody knows I was wrong? :D
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

NEVA!
Help us help you: attach a .love.
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

oooh I didn't see the vertical platform nor knew about a/z ... =D

Btw, you can also do it if you're quick at start and jump to top right to read the sign, then quickly press a/z and you'd be on the platform. then just finish.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I know, but this is a test level, you shouldn't drop a few feet on the starting platform, but rather start out there, as the editor allows you to do.