Zombie Frenzy - Holiday Edition

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
headchant
Party member

Zombie Frenzy - Holiday Edition

Post by headchant »

Hey Guys.

It's almost too late but here is a small holiday-themed project I have been working on over the last week. It's a platformer / zombie shooter game. I'm trying to find out how this performs on different machines(for example I know that the performance is quite poor on my windows pc but pretty good on my mac).

The objective of the game is pretty straight forward: kill all Zombies in the level.

Controls: move with arrowkeys, 'space' or upkey to jump, 'x' to shoot, 'c' for a temporary velocity boost

For 0.8.0 Löve:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10283425/zombie ... _b003.love
Last edited by headchant on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Re: Zombie Frenzy - Holiday Edition

Post by MarekkPie »

Looks awesome. Runs fine on my computer (0.7.2 version):

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
GeForce GT 220
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

wow, this is great headchant!
@rynesaur
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

I didn't get any blood splatter whenever I killed a zombie on that level. Is that feature still present? Is it only on the 0.8.0 version?
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

Thank you for your feedback.
MarekkPie wrote:I didn't get any blood splatter whenever I killed a zombie on that level. Is that feature still present? Is it only on the 0.8.0 version?
Yes, this is only available with the 0.8.0 version of Löve(you can download a current build for windows from love2d.org/builds/). This also might be very slow.
Ryne wrote:wow, this is great headchant!
Thank you. I use Tiled or the maps and would like to give out a small mapping-kit(basically just a map template with the tilesheet) so everyone could add a level to the game.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Woh. I'm playing this on a mac. And the first level Looks very very strange? There are little snit-bit pictures of my desktop inside the level? They are kinda faded. and huuuge? I mean I think I know what your goin for. But they are kind of in random places. and the size is kinda bigger than it should be. And under the level it shows the top toolbar of my computer haha.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I tried to play the 0.7.2 version, the collision system fails too often. I couldn't finish the second level 'cause I kept falling through the floor.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

Nixola wrote:I tried to play the 0.7.2 version, the collision system fails too often. I couldn't finish the second level 'cause I kept falling through the floor.
It would fail for me when a zombie fell from the sky and landed on my head.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

I tried to play the 0.7.2 version, the collision system fails too often
ya I kept falling though the ground. also you jump too high to figure out where your going land which makes jumping across the platforms harder(but maybe i just suck) also the zombies will fall and I will never get to shoot them becuase of it.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

ishkabible wrote:
I tried to play the 0.7.2 version, the collision system fails too often
ya I kept falling though the ground. also you jump too high to figure out where your going land which makes jumping across the platforms harder(but maybe i just suck) also the zombies will fall and I will never get to shoot them becuase of it.
The zombies that fall off the screen eventually respawn at the top of the screen, I think. There will, again eventually, always be enough zombies to kill to proceed to the next level. (At least that's what happened with me. You just have to wait a bit.)