[Pre-Alpha] Xero-Nine

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
jjmafiae
Party member

[Pre-Alpha] Xero-Nine

Post by jjmafiae »

I have been working on this game for a bit and i wanted to get some feedback so here it is:

controls:

I = inventory
A = move backwards
D = move forwards
SPACE = shoot
and W and S control the gun

Download
expertofficial
Prole

Re: [Pre-Alpha] Xero-Nine

Post by expertofficial »

good game sir ! :D
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

I don't know about the right, but going all the way to the left causes you to reach an abyss, but you don't fall.

As for the game-play itself, there is not a lot right now (as far as I can tell), but I think that some of the bullets miss the robot because they are moving so quickly that the collisions are sometimes not detected.

Also, about the thing at the top of the screen: in my personal opinion, it should be pixelated like the rest of the graphics, so that it looks more like the rest of it.

Also: I find it very annoying to have to use the mouse for a strictly keyboard game. Just an opinion, though... ;)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

thank for the feedback ill make sure to use it.
bekey
Party member

[]

Post by bekey »

-snip-
Last edited by bekey on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

Is that a fucking turd in the background?

As for the game, Would be nice to control the guns direction with the mouse or something, It's annoying not being able to back away from the enemy and shoot simultaneously.
shatterblast
Party member

Post by shatterblast »

veethree wrote:As for the game, Would be nice to control the guns direction with the mouse or something, It's annoying not being able to back away from the enemy and shoot simultaneously.
+1 :cool:

Also, I think the random placement of the bullets from the tank-thingy adds a nice touch.
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

veethree wrote:As for the game, Would be nice to control the guns direction with the mouse or something, It's annoying not being able to back away from the enemy and shoot simultaneously.
I'm a big fan of the Liero aiming style, which is very similar to the way it's done in Xero-Nine right now. But maybe it works better in Liero because the character is faster, can jump, and usually has a significant amount of time between shots and reloads.

A way to allow to move in one direction and shoot towards the other would be to implement XEvil-like controls. It's a bit strange first, but works fine.

And think about it: LÖVE is expanding, and might got to handhelds in the future. If you think it's important to publish to those platforms, I think it's important to keep gameplay consistent between them... so no mouse, at least in this case.