[Game] Kick It!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.

Game rate

No votes
No votes
No votes
40%
60%

Total votes: 5

yegorf1
Prole

[Game] Kick It!

Post by yegorf1 »

Hi all!

I just want to share beta of my game, which you can find here.
The goal is to kick your chips on opponent's side of the game field.

Trailer you can find here:
Jack5500
Party member

Re: [Game] Kick It!

Post by Jack5500 »

Hey,

Congratulations for finishing a game! :)
I have 2 points to make:

1. On Desktop I found it really hard to get the feeling for how much force I put into a kick. A nice little line, like in Angry Birds i.e., would have been nice.

2. This game is perfect for a real network multiplayer. I can only try to encourage you to add that. Löve has some really nice libraries that can support you.
yegorf1
Prole

Post by yegorf1 »

It will be a problem to manage different resolution and I think this game doesn't need multiplayer.

I have another game, where I implemented real time networking, which you can find here, but it written in C#
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

The fact that this is a simple and awesome game is the first thing i wanted to get out of the way;
And now, with both respect and the acknowledgement that you are the creator of the game and i'm just voicing my views:
yegorf1 wrote:It will be a problem to manage different resolution
That has solutions; forcing one aspect ratio, one can still up and downscale the "game world" to fit the window size the user might want to use; cameras are handy converting from world to screen coordinates in this regard.
yegorf1 wrote:I think this game doesn't need multiplayer.
As Jack5500 above, i too could see the potential of this being a multiplayer game, though ultimately it boils down to whether you think it's worth the time to implement it or not. (same for the above point)

Then again, i didn't see a license anywhere on the game, though i didn't download the beta yet, but if it'll be open-source, maybe someone else will make the effort to create a screen size option, and/or a network mode for it...? If not, i'm sure it'll be fine the way it is right now. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

Yea, I agree with zorg here. You should definitely add a license.
Do you plan on selling it?
yegorf1
Prole

Post by yegorf1 »

I think I won't sell it, but will upload to Play Store.