My projects and demos

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Pangit
Party member

Re: My projects and demos

Post by Pangit »

Any help and advice is always most welcome thanks.
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

Today's update:

Been looking for data from ammunition and firearms books to help flesh out the example from 4aiman. With the dolos library generating contact names/NPCs this enables as many quests as I want.

Starting with the information on some of the oldest weapons found in circulation I figured a good place to start was government sources - additionally the use of the information is possible within the game without copyright issues. So much the good. Wanting to get a more international flavour the Special Forces Foreign Weapons handbook is a great reference.
Last edited by Pangit on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
4aiman
Party member

Post by 4aiman »

Actually, you don't have to look for a real weapons/ammo :)
Here's (yet again) a Shadowrun example: https://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/366854 ... faqs/18920 (list down or search for "SECTION 4-A"). That is a Genesis/Megadrive's one. Very limited list, but rather safe to use as there's not that much data anyway.

If you want more, then there is a list of modern Shadowrun stuff: http://adragon202.no-ip.org/Shadowrun/i ... ts:Weapons. Note, however, that it might be wise to rename some weapons. I don't know how many items actually exist and how many are copyrighted fiction names. Just bear in mind that even non-commercial games may suffer from legal copyright holders.
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

True that was why I tried to stay away from the shadowrun or RPG source books was the potential copyright headaches. If I stick to the government research publications that's going to be fine using descriptions. But your right the technical data is pretty much PD from the RPG books.

What I wanted was as accurate a weapons and ammunition model as possible. Just to see why its not done in games. My hunch is it would make the game unplayable. But its an interesting experiment.
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

Today's update:

Well - due to me discovering electron I have now found a simple way to write tools to help me in creating the game. Once the tools are done it should speed up development significantly. Plus I am lazy and the tools could be changed to other games later down the line so the time spent developing them has a lot of good points.
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

Recent Updates:

Currently developing assets with milkytracker and grafx2 & inkscape. Additionally learning electron & JavaScript properly so I can quickly develop the tools I want.

All in all a very busy time.