Obey

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
rosewolf95
Prole

Obey

Post by rosewolf95 »

Simple. Sideways for smartphones and I guess if you've got your desktop monitor vertical. It doesn't matter, though.
Screenshot from 2016-07-22 16-49-22.png
Screenshot from 2016-07-22 16-49-22.png (4.99 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
o.love
(83.19 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Germanunkol
Party member

Re: Obey

Post by Germanunkol »

Simple idea, nicely executed - I like the sounds.
One point of improvement though: At the very beginning, I understood what I should be doing, but after my first click the new sequence starts too soon after my own click. This makes it sound like I should be double clicking the same colour, which was very confusing. I think there should be a longer break between my last click and the new sequence. Maybe there could also be a visual cue or something which shows that the game is now playing the next sequence.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
rosewolf95
Prole

Post by rosewolf95 »

You're right, and I've thought that before, myself. There's now a .4 second delay between your turn and the computer's, which makes quite a difference. I don't really want it much higher, because a short delay makes it flow, and feel like you're playing along with the computer. I'm not sure what kind of visual cue would be suitable. An icon or colour change would probably be distracting, since the phase changes are so quick.

In any case, it's mostly a "Look, Love totally runs on Android, guys" type game, so I'm happy with it. Maybe one day high scores and themes and power ups and microtransactions and social media integration, but not today.
Attachments
o2.love
(83.16 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Yes, this is much better! :)

Edit: Highscore is still a mere 13, though.
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
skyHights
Citizen

Post by skyHights »

I just got the name...
Well done *claps*
Learning to Löve.