Bob Jombis (with love file attached)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
uederson
Prole

Bob Jombis (with love file attached)

Post by uederson »

Hi all!
I finally finished my first game!
My first attempt to create it was with Game Maker Studio back in 2015.
It is a puzzle/adventure game.
You can control the player using the arrow keys and in the level where there are birds, you can use the space key to avoid the birds when they are near of the player.

The game is on the Play Store, and I am sharing the love file here!

You can see it on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcWPAn7Y-s&t

The game on the Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... on.uarsoft

I would like to know what you think about the game!
And I would like to thanks all you that helped me with tips, answers, codes, and libs!

Cheers
Attachments
BobJombisPC.love
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 322 times
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Bob Jombis (with love file attached)

Post by pgimeno »

Lovely game! I find the controls somewhat difficult, though - working on key down instead of key up would be nice, and since it works tap by tap, buffering one tap ahead would also help with continuity. Perhaps even allowing continuous movement but at a slower speed.

Apart from that, I loved it. Well done!
р23а92
Prole

Post by р23а92 »

My congratulations. But I need to warn you. In your description too many repeat "Love2d" it can be reason for ban you in google play, be careful. https://play.google.com/intl/en-US/abou ... index.html this is rules
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Technically, that's a credits section; unless it's an automated process (that actually bans, not only flags for further review), then there shouldn't be too much to worry about... then again, you could combine it to say something like "People from the Löve forums:" and then only list names or something, or do subcategories too, like for "biblioteca", "ajuda" and "código", etc.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
uederson
Prole

Post by uederson »

pgimeno wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:31 pm Lovely game! I find the controls somewhat difficult, though - working on key down instead of key up would be nice, and since it works tap by tap, buffering one tap ahead would also help with continuity. Perhaps even allowing continuous movement but at a slower speed.

Apart from that, I loved it. Well done!
Thank you by the tips, friend!
uederson
Prole

Post by uederson »

р23а92 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:33 am My congratulations. But I need to warn you. In your description too many repeat "Love2d" it can be reason for ban you in google play, be careful. https://play.google.com/intl/en-US/abou ... index.html this is rules
I am working in another projects right now, but I will do some changes in the description! :)
Thank you, friend!
uederson
Prole

Post by uederson »

zorg wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 am Technically, that's a credits section; unless it's an automated process (that actually bans, not only flags for further review), then there shouldn't be too much to worry about... then again, you could combine it to say something like "People from the Löve forums:" and then only list names or something, or do subcategories too, like for "biblioteca", "ajuda" and "código", etc.
Yes! I will follow your tips, friend! Thank you so much!