I was quite silent the last 2 years. We where in crunch to finalize our 6+ years project. Wohh.
It was a very, very, very long development time. We started around 2012, but now we have finished it. Release is this December.
I hope you all enjoy the trailer and the upcomming release.
Stay tuned and ...
LÖVE has the nicest and most helpful community i know!
THANK you! Without your help this game would not be possible!
Aeon of Sands - The Trail is a retro, post-apocalyptic RPG, set in a dangerously pixelated desert world that eats people, and has a taste for city clerks. - Oh, by the way, you are a city clerk. And it's lunch time.
Watch the Announcement Trailer here:
FeaturesThe game follows the misadventures of a likeable slacker, who is suddenly thrown out of his cosy home into a terrible, infinite desert that seems to hate him.
Accompany the vain, nap-loving clerk Setrani through his story.
Guide his travels over a dangerous land, ravaged by the weather and by tribal enmity. Struggle with him, as the desert's wicked sense of humor and unpredictability set him trap after trap on his path.
Setrani is introduced to new situations via multiple choice illustrated dialogues.
Based on your decisions, new areas can be explored while other become inaccessible, you meet new companions or make enemies of them.
It's basically choose your adventure featuring dungeon crawling!
- Extremely non-linear, replayable story with multiple endings
- Real-time combat
- 20 locations and more than 60 mazes and dungeons to explore
- More than 140 dialogues
- Completely hand-drawn 2.5D environment, 240 hand-drawn illustrations
- Up to 2 other characters can join your party during play
- Each character’s personality influences the outcome of the story, and opens up new paths
* Platforms PC: Windows | MacOSX
Available on Steam December 4, 2018
Aeon of Sands official site and socials
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/907820/
- Official site: https://aeonofsands.com
- Fb: https://www.facebook.com/aeonofsands
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/aeonofsands
Prerelease Press Coverage
“Der Dungeon-Crawler Aeon of Sands verspricht einen “Liebesbrief an die klassischen PC- und Amiga-Spiele der Neunziger...“
“An incredible looking crawler that takes us back to the golden age of grid based crawlers...”
“Aeon of Sands transplants the classic first-person RPG to the desert ruins of a lost city, brought to life through hand-drawn art and strategic combat.”