polyamory - Multi-version LÖVE

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
yetneverdone
Party member

Re: polyamory - Multi-version LÖVE

Post by yetneverdone »

I mean the version selection thingy.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

yetneverdone wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:56 am I mean the version selection thingy.
Me too. The goal is to have no version selection at all, and reliably auto-detect the required version. It already does a pretty good job in this regard, by comparing file creation dates with LÖVE release dates. Manual version selection is just for the occasional weird edge cases and fuck-ups. Like this game that says it's made for LÖVE version "0".

Adding a UI API is overkill at this time. If you're unhappy with the UI, just fork the project and change the code.
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

Umm, so this Image image is not part of the polyarmory?
Attachments
XLetv63.png
XLetv63.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 8475 times
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

yetneverdone wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:23 am Umm, so this Image image is not part of the polyarmory?
Not anymore, it looks different now. And I never claimed that there is no version selection screen, only that the ultimate goal is to have none. It's only being shown when a game has no conf.lua with version information anyway.
It's also "polyamory", not "polyarmoy" - the former is about love, the other would be about weapons. :)

Again, if you're unhappy with how it looks, just fork the project and make your own UI, submit a pull request with your changes, and I'll consider merging them.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Just pushed another update, but only for Linux. There was a version conflict in a library that prevented 0.10.x games from starting on some systems.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »