QWACKERS

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
StormtrooperCat
Prole

QWACKERS

Post by StormtrooperCat »

Hello Love2d Community!
I have been working on a silly game called "QWACKERS" in which you play as a duck and must eat more crackers than your opponent.

It is fully playable now with 2 players, but I would like to add more and so any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Controls
- Player 1 (blue duck) moves with WASD and can quack with E
- Player 2 (green duck) moves with Arrow keys and quacks with /

Green particles on a cracker will give you a positive stat boost when eaten, while purple will give you a negative.

Quacking pushes and stuns all players and quackers in an AOE around the player who quacked.

The current leading player will have a crown and golden particles.

Thanks!
StormtrooperCat

P.S. thanks to pgimeno for some help with collision

P.P.S. I am aware that there is no sound and I will add that later
Attachments
QWACKERS UPDATED.love
(56.9 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Last edited by StormtrooperCat on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: QWACKERS

Post by pgimeno »

Very cool! I've had trouble playing though because / is not a normal key in my keyboard, I only have the one in the number 7 shifted and the one in the numeric keypad, neither of which were working. And I'm not French, but if I were, I would have had even more trouble with WASD, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_France.svg for where these keys are in a French keyboard (W is actually under A). I didn't find a way in the menus to remap the keyboard.

Also, the default resolution of 1920x1080 exceeds my monitor's 1280x1024. Is there a way to adjust that?
StormtrooperCat
Prole

Post by StormtrooperCat »

Thanks for your feedback!
I have now implemented an auto-scaling feature and you can now change both player's controls in the options menu
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Awesome, it works great now, thanks so much for the changes!