match 3 puzzle game[updated]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
monkyyy
Citizen

match 3 puzzle game[updated]

Post by monkyyy »

updated version
humble blacksmith.love
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 276 times

[/b]

humble blacksmith.love
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
The end goal is to mix recettear plus puzzle forge, but I'm getting this out there.

click to place an ore, 3 or more ore/metals of the same tier combine to something of a higher tier(with an intentional exceptions); the random curve is 90% tier 0, 8% trash tier 1, 2% the refined copper and iron

"1" will place 100 random objects, I suggest you use it at least a few times, the field is rather big if your not trying to make the 4th tier stuff.

What score do people not fimlair with puzzle forge get their first time, with lets say 3 "1" presses?

How long did it take before you learn how to make, gold, silver and steel?

Which of the 4th tier metals did you discover alone?

Can anyone get all 4 4th tier metals?
Last edited by monkyyy on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zorg
Party member

Re: complex 2048 style game

Post by zorg »

Not bad, although i do dislike the forced fullscreen and that i'm apparently too stupid to find the quit key.

But, i did get P_Copper, F_gold, meteor and myth; not sure which is what tier.
results.jpg
results.jpg (447.07 KiB) Viewed 7569 times
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
monkyyy
Citizen

Post by monkyyy »

psa: one of the 4th tiers is not possible; however the other 3 are.

there is no quit key >__> shhh

myth is one of the 4th tiers

the possible 4 tiers are "myth" "D_steel" and "ethereal"

edit//

Easy improvements I'm thinking of:

* the ore generation should be grouped, at least sometimes, as its rather slow making 5x 5x 5x fancy recipes with small margin of error with watching a 1 depth "next". If ores came in groups of 10 copper, 10 iron, 10 perfect mixed, and 10 random, then the rare things; you could swap gears and quickly put out the pattern if you learned it. Maybe a little cart?

* I should fix the bugs of the bar mixing group, but pattern matching with 6 items pick 5 or possibly 7, is not a problem I can fit in my head even when staring at it for a bit.

* trash and obsidian should probably be in thier own mixing groups, if the unplanned trash didn't mix with 90% of the input the game could actually end without the player getting bored; while it probably would still an extremely useful pathway to getting D_steel if your going for the 4

* I'm thinking more tier 4 should be in the game, mytherial eats up to much of the possibly space, including the very sensible meteor + 2 steel which should be d_steel in my mind, and its possible to make demon steel with only copper (....probably); ethereal is to easy if you know the raw matching tables etc.

spoilers of late game mixing

white gold isn't possible with 4x gold and 1 silver, as gold requires 5x p_copper and thats doesn't leave enough degrees of freedom to make two golds touching each other; I believe it would be possible with 3x gold 2x silver, alternatively I could add p_copper into the random ores as an extremely rare find; thoughts?
monkyyy
Citizen

Post by monkyyy »

highscore.png
highscore.png (687.78 KiB) Viewed 7541 times
my best attempt so far; I messed up the big picture and didn't leave enough room for a "etherial engine" plus a major mistake with the trash metal into meteor in the top right

I may have played to much of puzzle forge
monkyyy
Citizen

Post by monkyyy »

smaller field and fixed combine logic; obsidian is much harder to make, trash won't mix with anything but itself. the game should be much much shorter. Mytherial isn't the only end game that is worth making... in theory.

white gold is also possible; the fancy metals like gold are easier just in general.

I'm mostly just posting this in case someone wants a infite time to think as I'm going to be adding some time pressure, likely in a few hours
Attachments
humble blacksmith.love
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
Screenshot from 2019-02-02 03-14-01.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-02 03-14-01.png (347.81 KiB) Viewed 7415 times
monkyyy
Citizen

Post by monkyyy »

now with difficulty and major quality of life improvements.

"carts" come every 6 seconds, with random ores and amounts, if you stack up 8, the first cart random empties onto the broad.

There is a history of how the ores mixed, so you should know roughly what happened and in theory learn the combos faster.

clicking off the broad no longer crashes the game woot
Attachments
humble blacksmith.love
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
monkyyy
Citizen

Re: match 3 puzzle game[updated]

Post by monkyyy »

Screenshot from 2019-02-03 11-53-55.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-03 11-53-55.png (478.97 KiB) Viewed 7335 times