Blast16: free Mega Drive/Genesis emulator frontend for Raspberry Pi
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:18 pm
Blast16 is an emulator frontend for Raspberry Pi inspired on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, and developed with LÖVE. I've been working on on it for one year and a half, and I just released it for free. You can download it here.
Funny note: this frontend almost made it to the official Mega Drive Mini, to be released on Septembre 19th. M2, the developer in charge of the emulator, loved it and showed it to Sega, but they declined due to time and budget constraints.
Special thanks to pgimeno for his perspective effect, which I used for the background <3 And also many thanks to many people here who helped me in the early statges, when I needed to build LÖVE for a Rockchip SOC and then later for the Raspberry Pi
Here's a demo:
- Play Mega Drive/Genesis (.bin, .smd, .gen, and .md), Sega CD/Mega CD (.chd, .img, .bin + .cue, .iso), Master System (.sms) and Game Gear (.gg) games.
- Powered by Retroarch and Genesis Plus GX core.
- Do everything from the frontend with any controller (D-input mode). No need to do anything on Raspbian or Retroarch.
- Create your favourite games list.
- Bluetooth controllers support.
- Multitap support.
- Delete games from the frontend.
- Load/delete save states (limited to four slots).
And here are some screenshots:
More info: http://www.blast16project.com