Death Kart!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
pauljessup
Party member

Death Kart!

Post by pauljessup »

Me and my kids spent the last week working on a gamejam. The theme was retro games, and we chose the NES to imitate in style and functionality. We based it around the way Battle mode works in Mario Kart 64, but 2d and overhead, and it's a lot of fun. It's local multiplayer, so grab a friend and go to town.

It's made in Love2d and Lua, and uses TileD for maps

You can check it out here-

https://cupofstars.itch.io/death-kart
sphyrth
Party member

Re: Death Kart!

Post by sphyrth »

2 FPS - Maybe it's just on my end, because the gamestate is unplayable for me. The rest of the states are fine.
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

sphyrth wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 am 2 FPS - Maybe it's just on my end, because the gamestate is unplayable for me. The rest of the states are fine.
Did you press Z?
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

pgimeno wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:08 am Did you press Z?
Nothing like that. I can only see feel kart move 1-pixels/sec ... and then the game just "freezes".
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

Huh, that's definitely weird-

What system are you running it on? Are you using the .love file or the system executatbles?
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

And what someone said above- did you press Z to push the cart? If you don't do that, you barely move. Z is basically like hitting gas in Mario Kart, that sort of thing. Let me know if that's the case, or if we need to dig in deeper...
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

pauljessup wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:49 pm And what someone said above- did you press Z to push the cart? If you don't do that, you barely move. Z is basically like hitting gas in Mario Kart, that sort of thing. Let me know if that's the case, or if we need to dig in deeper...
K. Did that. The issue that it still freezes after a few seconds. It's probably more on my end, though (32-bit problems).
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

What's the system that you're using? Are you using the .love file, the app, or the windows executable?
pauljessup
Party member

Post by pauljessup »

(I ask because I know there was something like that on my son's windows machine running the 32bit version, but the 64bit version seemed to work fine?)
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

I used both the executable and the .love file. The executable at least ran better (32-bit Windows 7).