Chainball! - A physics sports game!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jeeper
Party member

Chainball! - A physics sports game!

Post by Jeeper »

Chainball! is a game developed for GMTK2021. Your job is to score the ball in the goal - a concept as old as time. However, in Chainball!, the only way for you to advance the ball is to strike it with the ball-and-chain attached to your ankle. Use physics, timing, strategy, and a bit of luck to fight for your life in Chainball!

This game has modes for human versus AI, as well as human versus human. Currently working on a post jam version which will feature (among other things) 2v2 & 3v3, AI personalities, new map and more!

https://windmillgames.itch.io/chainball
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Chainball! - A physics sports game!

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Wow! :awesome: Looks nice! Did you make this in 48 hours? Nice work with the theme they gave you(joined together).
Are the results out? What place did you come out? When do the results come out cause I doubt they have. :P

And I see you have AI personalities, nice. I wanted to add personalities for the bots in my shooter. Stuff like aggressive, that likes shooting a lot, and tactical, for defense and tactical shooting, but never got to it.
What are your AI personalities?
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

LOVE THIS!

Really great effort. I enjoyed giving it a try, even though I did lose 3-0!
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm Wow! :awesome: Looks nice! Did you make this in 48 hours? Nice work with the theme they gave you(joined together).
Thank you, yes it was made in 48 hours :)
Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm Are the results out? What place did you come out? When do the results come out cause I doubt they have. :P
Placed at #188 out of 5812, quite happy with it :D
Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm And I see you have AI personalities, nice. I wanted to add personalities for the bots in my shooter. Stuff like aggressive, that likes shooting a lot, and tactical, for defense and tactical shooting, but never got to it.
What are your AI personalities?
The AI in the jam is a bit messy, it has some general ideas of when to attack and when to defend. We are working on a post jam version where the AI will be a lot more advanced, and feature different types of personalities though!

randomnovice wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:41 am LOVE THIS!

Really great effort. I enjoyed giving it a try, even though I did lose 3-0!
Happy to hear you liked it! :D
It can indeed be a bit difficult until you get the hang of the physics.