Pändemonia Cold & Shiver aVersions

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Pändemonia Cold & Shiver aVersions

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

(PT-BR translation W.I.P.)

Hey, first post here :) This is something I've been working on.

In Pandemonia, you play as Neto, a boy who suffers from 3 psychologic suffering: Rancor, Panic Syndrom and Anxiety, materialized as Pändemon, TATUDOQEI, SUFOQUINO and TEKKO, respectively. They not only chase but torment you. They own you. Learn to endure the symptons as you know more about of hero's story:

Tatudoqei:

It swears to god it's okay, but it's actually holding a big grudge. The origin of this hate is still unknown. Despite showing the opposite to you, its feelings are so intense that an evilish scarlet red aura deliberately emanes from its body. (Ele jura por Deus que está bem, mas na verdade ele guarda um rancor terrível. A origem desse ódio é desconhecida, mas é tão intensa que uma aura vermelha maligna deliberadamente emana sobre o seu corpo)

Sufoquino:

It keeps suffocating for no apparent reason. It says something is stuck in its throat. Even if you prove it nothing is stuck there, Suffochino still feels this agony and panicly run in search for help. (Vive sufocando sem um porquê. É como se sua garganta estivesse fechando. Mesmo provando-o que não há nada acontecendo com ele, Suffochino continua correndo em pânico em busca de alguém que o desentale-o.)

Tekko:

A considerable quantity of energy is involuntarily generated in its body. Tekko then takes control of its body burning it by its teeth chatters. When everything is out of control, its mind protect his body by erupting that energy through his head. (Uma considerável quantidade de energia é gerada involuntariadamente em seu corpo. Como forma de alívio, Tekko a libera através das batidas dos seus dentes. Quando perde o controle, sua mente entra em erupção.)

Some screenshots of the demo:

Pandemonia is planned to be released episodically, on Windows, Mac and Linux. Android and iOS support is planned on near future.

If you like this project, please be sure to follow it on itch.io, as the demo and more details will be available here:
https://ivandioniziomalcriacoes.itch.io ... r-aversion

Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts:
https://twitter.com/Pandemonia_CnS
https://www.instagram.com/pandemon.ia
https://www.facebook.com/Pandemonia-The ... 1215012082

Pändemonia is inspired on pokémon GS games. The 4:3 resolution is intended to replicate the feeling of playing a game on a GBC.

Please note that Pändemonia will be a very different game, though. If you played those games, you can definitely notice some elements here and there. Hope you can feel a little bit of nostalgia :)
Last edited by Ivan.Dionízio on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:21 am, edited 67 times in total.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Pandemonia - A mental disorder-taming game

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Woah. Love the art style(haha, like grudge's design the most, all annoyed, fake smile like :rofl: m though all of their designs are pretty good ). Guess the one in the middle is the villain...?

Where's the itch.io link? And maybe it would be nice with it's own thing. Like being all Pokémon is fine at first but it hopefully should really branch out(like Undertale taking inspiration from Earthbound). Really looks like it could be it's own unique thing :) .
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

Thank you ^_^ I'm glad you like it! I mean, as english is not my first language, maybe I expressed myself the wrong way. Pandemonia is indeed a love-letter to GSC games, but in "soul" only, it certainly is designed to be it's own thing :awesome: I made Itch.io link available shortened as bit.ly but I'm going to post the full link now. It surely will be a game full of surprises. Can't wait to make the first demo available soon. :crazy:

EDIT: Oh, and the one in the middle is actually the main character. But it's up to you guys evaluate on how you see him, as a hero or a villain throughout the story. ;)
Party member

Ivan.Dionízio wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm EDIT: Oh, and the one in the middle is actually the main character.
Oh, it's just that he had an evil grin, but makes sense.
Ivan.Dionízio wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 pm But it's up to you guys evaluate on how you see him, as a hero or a villain throughout the story. ;)
Love stories like that :ultrahappy:

Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

Yeah, very malicious I'd say. Think it really fits him. :nyu:
Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Re: Pandemonia - A mental disorder taming game

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

2021/09/10 Update: New video gameplay + new pics and also new info on main post. Enjoy :D
2021/09/11 Update - Battle is mostly done + updated video
2021/09/25 Update - 1st Demo is now released for Mac, Windows and Linux on: https://ivandioniziomalcriacoes.itch.io/pandemonia
2021/09/30 Update - Pandemonia demo now supports all resolutions up to 4K! Press F to go Full Screen!
2021/10/19 Update - The sub-menu that shows the Pändemon which currently torments your already stagnated mind is up and working. Mostly done. Screenshot added.
Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Re: Pandemonia - Tame your mental disorders!

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

2021/10/30 Update

New video (Details below): https://youtu.be/UwSZgewBu5g

What has been achieved since last video:
- The Main Menu appears when pressing ENTER. The arrow can go up and down to their last options. Press ENTER again and the main menu closes down.
- For now, only 2 options are available: EXIT and PäNDEMON:

- In case you choose the EXIT option, the main menu also closes down.
- In case you choose PäNDEMON option, a new sub-menu opens up making you able to see who's your current PäNDEMON, along with its name and Mini Sprite.
- Also, you can successfully go back to the main menu from here by pressing ABORT.

Download the 1st demo for Mac, Windows and Linux on: https://ivandioniziomalcriacoes.itch.io/pandemonia
Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Re: Pändemonia Cold & Shiver

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

2022/05/23 Update

New gameplay of Pändemonia's battle!

Battle happens inside your mind. In the video you can see 2 TATUDOQEIs, one is the Pändemon which already torment Neto and the enemy one. They're from the same type, Rancor. Neto's Pändemon needs to fullfill Neto's PH bar to win the game, while the Enemy's keeps emptying it.

As both are from the same type, Rancor, Neto's Pändemon has +1 resistance from enemy's attack. Every Enemy's 2 attacks breaks 1 of you, so don't waste time and make PH full asap.

If Neto's Pändemon win, it keeps controlling your mind, otherwise Enemy's will be your new master. Still W.I.P.
Last edited by Ivan.Dionízio on Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Party member

Hey, I was just thinking about this a day ago. Nice.

Ivan.Dionízio
Prole

Post by Ivan.Dionízio »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 am Hey, I was just thinking about this a day ago. Nice.
Thank you for your interest :D It's been a while since the last update because I'm still building the 1st city, NPCs, dialogues, battle and its mechanics... bringing more sense to everything as a whole. I'm doing my best for it to be its own thing :)

I'll be releasing a demo when I finish a complete battle between at least 2 different Pändemon types. Rancor type is done and now I'm developing PanicSyndrom interactions in battle. Hope I can share some news by this weekend :ultrahappy:

(UPDATE): A new gameplay video has been released, SUFOQUINO Vs. NETO Vs. TATUDOQEI: https://youtu.be/rvaKXwVKhpE