Hey, I'm an artist and looking to enhance my shooter game!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
cf_is_here
Prole

Hey, I'm an artist and looking to enhance my shooter game!

Post by cf_is_here »

https://github.com/CF-IS-HERE/Lemonia
A classic shoot 'em up game with twist to the conventional playstyle - ask shooter choose their target wisely. The objective is to face wave of enemy that steals from player. Player need to keep a distance and stops them by shooting. From time to time a friendly unit enters and should be protected instead. If shot, then bad things can happen. This game puts player on a journey to explorer their choices while reflect the real world struggle that anyone could experience. It hopes to encourage people, puts a smile at the end of the day for anyone experienced or currently going through this similar situation. Inspired by a true story.

I wanted to ask if anyone is interested joining me on this little game I want to develop further. It comes to my awareness that the way it's been coded is not too feasible for people to pickup from so I guess if someone wish to refactor/rewritten that is fine with me. P.S This isn't a commercial project.

Would love to hear your thoughts or if you're interested joining in. I'm very much can help take care of the art side but looking for a programmer to help me making it all comes to life.

Many thanks in advance
CF
Ross
Citizen

Re: Hey, I'm an artist and looking to enhance my shooter game!

Post by Ross »

I read through the discussion on reddit as well and checked out the project. I'm not interested in actually joining, but I find it relaxing to clean up messy code (in limited quantities), so I spent some time yesterday refactoring it and submitted a pull request on Github. Maybe it can help you out. I noticed a few people on reddit were reluctant to get involved because the existing code was quite hard to decipher.

Cheers!
cf_is_here
Prole

Post by cf_is_here »

Ross wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:16 pm I read through the discussion on reddit as well and checked out the project. I'm not interested in actually joining, but I find it relaxing to clean up messy code (in limited quantities), so I spent some time yesterday refactoring it and submitted a pull request on Github. Maybe it can help you out. I noticed a few people on reddit were reluctant to get involved because the existing code was quite hard to decipher.

Cheers!
Hey Ross, do you go by the name of rgrams by any chance? I've been having conversations with multiple people and got really confused as to who helped out in which part. I really appreciate your help and support and I think i've added you in as contributor. Many thanks again.
Ross
Citizen

Post by Ross »

Yeah, that was me (rgrams), sorry for the confusion. No problem, good luck with the project!