Dust: Battle Beneath Alpha 0.03

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Dust: Battle Beneath Alpha 0.03

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

knorke wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:53 pm On first run, it crashed with a love "blue screen" when I clicked "edit keys" in the controls pop-up. I think it was about something file-related...forgot to copy it.
Also, that popup still only tells about keyboard controls but not about using the mouse.

Building blocks feels a bit unprecise because it does not always place the block on the highlighted tile. Sometimes it placed one tile closer to the player.

I often accidently dug the ground I was standing on when I wanted to shot downwards over an edge. Digging should maybe be a seperate key from shooting.

The minimap is better but still felt to be blocking the view, perpaps the map and all UI elements should be at the edge of the screen instead of towards the center.code
The messages did not always make sense to me and felt interruptive. Together with the chat from enemies plus UI plus enemies bouncing around and sometimes the game pauses for a textmessage..there is too much stuff fighting for the player's attention at the same time.
(I watched a play-through video from the itch.io comments and he seemed to have similiar problems)
Maybe the first level should be slower paced and explain mechanics one after another.
Thanks for the feedback. Will try fixing these things, though I doubt I'll make digging and shooting separate since I want them to both be one "attack" command.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: Dust: Battle Beneath Alpha 0.03

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

https://hmmmgames.itch.io/dust-bb/downl ... Cvx8PZb9oa

-Fixed errors knorke found (caused by old lua file, replaced old file with new one.)
-Fixed key binding
-Fixed grenade launchers more or less
-Fixed progress bar loading to new level
-Fixed some other stuff I don't remember. :P
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: