Shooter test

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
BoonyBuny
Prole

Shooter test

Post by BoonyBuny »

I made my second ever "test" game to get the hang of löve2d, and this is the result:
shooter test.rar
Whole source code
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Shooter test.zip
Compiled .exe file
(5.35 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
This is a test game like I mentioned, it's not polished because im trying to learn the raw knowledge of coding and this engine, to make actual games later down the line !

(I own none of the sound effects used, i just used sounds from terraria, all sprites are made by me and they're ugly but it's just to learn the love2d basics easier)
A coding begginer that is migrating from 8 years of Scratch... yea yikes. :emo:
Mail_isSWAG
Prole

Re: Shooter test

Post by Mail_isSWAG »

how do u make it so people can download?
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

This seems fine for a beginner's game. Nice job.

It's very difficult to avoid damage. Maybe more ships should just shoot forward instead of aiming at the player, or just have fewer ships. Some ships are also shooting from outside the screen.

Note that you should be careful when distributing files you don't have rights to (Terraria in this case). There are plenty of websites that offer free sounds and music that is safe to use (e.g. https://freesound.org/ or https://soundimage.org/).
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Mail_isSWAG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:46 am how do u make it so people can download?
Open the folder containing your main.lua and compress everything into a .zip file. Rename the .zip to .love, and that's the thing you upload here. For more information, see Game_Distribution.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.