Ines in: Once upon a Möbius strip - another point & click adventure

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
apicici
Prole

Ines in: Once upon a Möbius strip - another point & click adventure

Post by apicici »

Hello everyone, here is the second game my team made using LÖVE:
https://apicici.itch.io/once-upon-a-mobius-strip
Once upon a Möbius strip is a short point & click adventure in glorious 1-bit pixel art. It serves as a prequel to Uncle Lee strikes again, but it can be enjoyed as a standalone game as well.

You play as Ines, a 10-year-old girl who would really, REALLY, like to go the bathroom this morning—the universe, however, has other plans.
We made this for the BW jam on itch, and it's a prequel to our previous game. I planned to post about it sooner, but I wanted to do that after finishing the love.js browser version, and that took much longer than expected.

A notable feature is the FMOD integration (including the love.js version).

I'm still planning to release the point & click library at some point, but I'm still working on some improvements and on writing the documentation.

Here are some screenshots:

img 1.png
img 1.png (55.93 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
img 2.png
img 2.png (20.25 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
milon
Party member

Re: Ines in: Once upon a Möbius strip - another point & click adventure

Post by milon »

I haven't yet checked out the other game, but I will at some point - this one was enjoyable enough though I didn't get very far in the ~10 minutes I played with it. I can't figure out what I'm missing, LOL. But I like it! :)

Spoiler text (highlight to read): I have 1 (modified) item in my inventory, I found 4 interactables in the living room, and 1 more in the bedroom. I can't seem to pickup/use/combine anything else. What am I missing?
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

milon wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:23 pm I haven't yet checked out the other game, but I will at some point - this one was enjoyable enough though I didn't get very far in the ~10 minutes I played with it. I can't figure out what I'm missing, LOL. But I like it! :)
I'm glad you are enjoying the game! Read here if you need a small hint.
javijavi7
Prole

Post by javijavi7 »

I'd love to learn more about how you got FMOD + love.js working. My team has struggled to build for the browser w/o breaking our sound. And we haven't figured out how to build a Mac app that successfully integrates FMOD. Are there any resources you could share?
apicici
Prole

Post by apicici »

javijavi7 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:28 pm I'd love to learn more about how you got FMOD + love.js working. My team has struggled to build for the browser w/o breaking our sound. And we haven't figured out how to build a Mac app that successfully integrates FMOD. Are there any resources you could share?
The way I integrated FMOD with love.js is a bit hacky. These are the rough steps:
  • Put fmodstudio.js and fmodstudio.wasm in the same folder as love.js and love.wasm. Modify index.html to load fmodstudio.js.
  • Write a javascript file to init FMOD and define global functions to interface with FMOD (to call later from LÖVE) and load it from index.html. I'm attaching the file I wrote which you can use as a starting point.
  • You'll need to use Love.js-Api-Player to interface with the FMOD javascript functions.
For the non-web versions (including macos) I used luaJIT FFI to wrap the FMOD shared libraries. I made a script that parses the header files and the documentation to programmatically generate the wrappings that you could use.
Attachments
init_fmod.js
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
javijavi7
Prole

Post by javijavi7 »

thanks for the pointers! I'll try this out