A party management game with gnomes and airships

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
alexjgriffith
Prole

A party management game with gnomes and airships

Post by alexjgriffith »

Just wrapped up my submission for this years Lisp Game Jam, Frozen Horizons. I wrote it using Fennel and Love2d.

The Lisp Game Jam has no theme so it can be tricky to get the creative juices going. Fortunately I was getting some early Christmas shopping done and came face to face with a wall of Gnomes.

This is my first attempt at a party management game. In the game you manage a party of Gnomes trying to repair an airship. You've crash landed on a frozen island in the middle of an ocean home to a gnome hungry antagonist "The Frozen Duke".

If you take the time to play it I'd appreciate your feedback.

milon
Party member

Re: A party management game with gnomes and airships

Post by milon »

I haven't tried it yet (may not have time until next week), but I must say I love the UI & graphics you've got there. It looks super clean & intuitive! :D

EDIT - I found a few minutes to tinker with it. It really needs a tutorial or something, as well as being able to track how many actions you have left in the day, info about how to begin quests, etc. I'll probably figure it out over time, but it's a lot of confusing trial and error for someone who doesn't know the game at all.
Having said that, I really like it so far!
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
alexjgriffith
Prole

Post by alexjgriffith »

Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on an update addressing some bugs and tweaking the UI based on feedback
Mr.John
Prole

Post by Mr.John »

With a quick glance, I appreciated your work.
It's original! Looks tempting and the gnomes are funny, hopefully I'll figure it out later, a bit confused.
alexjgriffith
Prole

Post by alexjgriffith »

Just wrapped up my Post Jam release, fixing most game breaking bugs and adding a bunch of quality of life features.

I also wrote a short orientation guide on the itch.io project page. Ultimately I want to integrate this guide into the game. But, my priority now is getting the world autogeneration working.

You can find the changelog here: https://alexjgriffith.itch.io/frozen-ho ... am-release