DeerHunter1066 v1.2 UPDATE!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 0.9 full!

Post by StoneCrow »

When you collide with an enemy it pushes you away a little, sometimes off the screen moving should put you back in.
But wow thats a good score those bears look slightly lost haha, I can do better in normal mode but I usually make some stupid mistake and die.
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:When you collide with an enemy it pushes you away a little, sometimes off the screen moving should put you back in.
But wow thats a good score those bears look slightly lost haha, I can do better in normal mode but I usually make some stupid mistake and die.
Well, the bears were like begging "Kill me! Kill me! Be around those deers is too much cuteness for me!" Eh, you still have that "feature" on of revenge our death in score debriefing phase. :D
About hard mode. It's harder at the start but only till you get enough speed in rearming it's almost like normal shooting. Starting 40's feels like playing the same normal mode.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

NEW UPDATE AGAIN!
But seriously this game is becoming a fantastic testbed for new bits of code I'm making for other games. This update includes 2 things, a new enemy at level 20 and nightmode a very simple vision obscuring mode!
Also anyone who is extra nosey and has the gimp installed can take a look in the love file and see the bosses im making in a file in there bosses.xcf.
0.95 is on the frontpage and as ever enjoy and don't forget to play in hard mode haha.

EDIT: a question for you guys, I have a version at the moment where it puts lights on powerups aswell as character, what do you think? good feature or bad because I'm not sure if nightmode should just make it hard to see enemies or powerups aswell.
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:NEW UPDATE AGAIN!
But seriously this game is becoming a fantastic testbed for new bits of code I'm making for other games. This update includes 2 things, a new enemy at level 20 and nightmode a very simple vision obscuring mode!
Also anyone who is extra nosey and has the gimp installed can take a look in the love file and see the bosses im making in a file in there bosses.xcf.
0.95 is on the frontpage and as ever enjoy and don't forget to play in hard mode haha.
So you unleashed hell hounds on us? Very well, nothing we can't handle. About Nightmode... is... ok... almost the same as close the eyes to don't see enemies being slaughtered :)
Nice update.
Maybe found a small bug. Score is getting fractional times from times. Screenshot: I was playing hard mode with nightmode.
score.png
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 0.95 UPDATE!

Post by StoneCrow »

Yeah its just another little fun extra like startstop mode, the hellhounds are actually interested in your powerups mostly and they run around eating them. The fractional score is just something because of how Its calculated ((highestspree+kills/10)*level).
But do you think powerups should get little spotlights too?
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:Yeah its just another little fun extra like startstop mode, the hellhounds are actually interested in your powerups mostly and they run around eating them. The fractional score is just something because of how Its calculated ((highestspree+kills/10)*level).
But do you think powerups should get little spotlights too?
StoneCrow they can eat all my powerups at their will. Starting at certain level in daylight it's usually too crowd to get them. Get power-ups at nightmode? No dude, I not suicidal!
Well, you can calculate it, keep it that way in variable but string format output.
I think that more logical that powerups get spotlights is show enemy .. white eyes (or red if hounds, or other color if bears).
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

So I was merrily shooting deer, etc etc, and then this bad boy happend:
tPHba.png
tPHba.png (10.01 KiB) Viewed 287 times
It was like right after level 9. I was spamming shoot.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

josefnpat wrote:So I was merrily shooting deer, etc etc, and then this bad boy happend:
It was like right after level 9. I was spamming shoot.
I had the same kind of error. So something should be wrong when spawning powerups.
Error: main.lua:360: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:360: in function 'collisionDetect'
main.lua:716: in function 'update'
[string "boot.lua"]:407: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:373>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 v1.1 UPDATE!

Post by StoneCrow »

Thanks guys, I've been changing things in the backend a little because I keep getting a similar error coming up everything I get is a little closer to tracking that down, it seems to be pretty random so its taking a while.
Though I hope to have it fixed by the next update, which fyi will include vision unlocks in nightmode that work just like the bow unlocks and give you big upgrades.

EDIT : okay new version up :) fixed most occurances of that pesky bug
EDIT: Update 10 up fixed all known bugs with my new bootloader, hopefully not put any new bugs in the system at the same time xD
EDIT: Update 11 adds more projects to the loader and a few new features to the loader.
EDIT: Update 12 changes some of the programs bundled with it and bugfixes aspects of the launcher, may require a save reset if it errors.
EDIT: Update 13 to v1.1 added, full details on main post.
EDIT: Update 14 to v1.2 added, fixes to v1.1 and invulnerability added after getting hit.
Dull but sincere filler.