DeerHunter1066 v1.2 UPDATE!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066

Post by StoneCrow »

Just finished and uploaded a small update that gives you the option to base your player colour on your score and health (so it looks different) and adds dig-dug mode which makes it a little easier.
The level at the bottom right is the current wave and i didn't know there was a bug i'll try and fix it for tommorow.
Dull but sincere filler.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

So far, what time did you work on it ? Just to make the first release ? I saw 5 hours in comments...
What part took you much time ?
Before starting did you have a precise idea on how to code this ? So that the 5 hours were full time coding ...
Or you just started typing randomly and end up with something working ? ^^
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

TOOMANYBAMBIES!.png
my arm is hurt... I gave up at level 71...

Another problem is that some combinations of background/UI indicator colors made stats completely unreadable.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Roland_Yonaba wrote:So far, what time did you work on it ?
Well I would say it was about 7 hours now including the art, I had a pretty precise idea of the game i wanted to make before i started though and the saving, menus and animation system are all from older projects. The dig-dug mode was originally a bug from accidentally leaving a "return" somewhere and it took me about 45mins to work out (lol tried everything before i spotted it) but thats included in the time, now putting it back in along with the colour stuff took 20mins
All in i would say the whole game took 7 hours to program (keep in mind the scoreboard doesnt work yet haha).
coffee wrote:Another problem is that some combinations of background/UI indicator colors made stats completely unreadable.
I just think of it as extra challenge haha.
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:I just think of it as extra challenge haha.
eh eh, call it laziness for not doing a contrast detector or get safe colors. I think if you make it always white it could be always readable.

EDITED: Experienced new version. Liked the color option. Don't get it the Did Dug mode. The game freezes time from time? Well, the game already is too easy for me, I need an anti-Did Dug version.

Nice work Stone.
Last edited by coffee on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

coffee wrote: I gave up at level 71...
Gee, I gave up at level 37...
I intend to think that these bambies are kinda evolved self-thinking specied ...
Keyboard got busted. :megagrin:
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Yeah white might actually be a good idea, will probably do that in an update with a slightly better hud in. Whenever you stop moving on the digdug setting everything else stops moving.
Also thanks for all the feedback guys :3 .
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:Whenever you stop moving on the digdug setting everything else stops moving.
Ah got it thanks. But if I keep moving left/right it will end be the same as normal (and easy) game.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Todo list:
ScoreBoard,
Newdeertype,
2new weapons unlocked on sprees.

Then its all done,
also just a exe version for people without LÖVE, dunno if its actually worth posting but what the hell...
DeerHunter1066.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
Dull but sincere filler.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

Wow im really banging out the updates for this. Nearly done now on this game, just finishing the highscores system and a few other things to go.
Update on the frontpage!

New stuff:
Visible menus,Harder mode,Various fixes,Visible hud,2 weapons that unlock at extremely high spree levels 110 and 200,And because theres not enough weird or stupid ideas in this game yet Quake sprees.

Anyone who has played previous version will have to hit the reset button on the bottom right of the menu because ive changed the save format slightly
Dull but sincere filler.