YOU ARE DRAGON

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Bigfoot71
Party member

Re: YOU ARE DRAGON

Post by Bigfoot71 »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:56 pm Thanks! So the bit at the end was a good surprise, no? :crazy: I tried to make the text minimal and vague, but I wonder what you guys thought the story was about.

Also, heheh...a rating... ehmm...on itch helps me out a lot :rofl:
To tell the truth, this story made me a little ball in my stomach (I'm sensitive lol), and clearly this ending I didn't expect it, frankly I'll have a hard time describing what I felt and for such a short game it's very strong! I can only recommend it to everyone!
My avatar code for the curious :D V1, V2, V3.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

I dont get the story at all...
I am a baby dragon in a dungeon trying to get out?
Then why is the eye, which is supposely my mother attacking me?

But i also glanced at your code in an attempt to change the button layout.
I dont get your code at all...

Thats even worse than an LSD trip, how are you even keeping track of that? I am impressed and frightened.

Say, your itch account has donations enabled, is it worthwhile? I mean do people give money for this kind of game?
I am really interested in how many people are playing such titles and if it is rewarded.
obey
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Bigfoot71 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:16 pm
Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:56 pm Thanks! So the bit at the end was a good surprise, no? :crazy: I tried to make the text minimal and vague, but I wonder what you guys thought the story was about.

Also, heheh...a rating... ehmm...on itch helps me out a lot :rofl:
To tell the truth, this story made me a little ball in my stomach (I'm sensitive lol), and clearly this ending I didn't expect it, frankly I'll have a hard time describing what I felt and for such a short game it's very strong! I can only recommend it to everyone!
Wow! Yes. This is what I wanted :joker:
:ultrahappy: I'm glad the story, as short and vague as it was, messed you up :crazy:
BrotSagtMist wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:33 pm I dont get the story at all...
I am a baby dragon in a dungeon trying to get out?
Then why is the eye, which is supposely my mother attacking me?
:rofl: I thought it out, for real. I have an answer but would rather not say :rofl: :? Who is evil? Who is not evil? ...
But i also glanced at your code
:rofl: That's taking a step into Limbo
in an attempt to change the button layout.
Woah, what's wrong with the layout :o . I used scan codes so I was hoping it won't be to bad on your keyboard. Bit you finished it so I guess it's not that bad right? :) :?
I dont get your code at all...

Thats even worse than an LSD trip, how are you even keeping track of that? I am impressed and frightened.
:halloween: :joker:
You could call it my Fingerspitzengefühl (yes, a novel tought me that word :3 )
The folder "toybox" is my "engine" and is fairly neat I think, everything else is chaos :?

Say, your itch account has donations enabled, is it worthwhile? I mean do people give money for this kind of game?
I am really interested in how many people are playing such titles and if it is rewarded.
Eh...If you make something worthwhile and big/touching (which I guess I haven't really, I dunno) like that gets a lot of comments and attention then yeah, though people just mostly make paid games if they're there for cash.

That's why I always want ratings, that's the only way (outside of advertising) that a game can be promoted well on itch :P (But they don't emphasize ratings enough, it's only a small button at the bottom of the screen :? )

Overall itch is a nice place to see all my projects at once :)
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:26 pm Woah, what's wrong with the layout :o . I used scan codes so I was hoping it won't be to bad on your keyboard. Bit you finished it so I guess it's not that bad right? :) :?
Again, controls randomly spread across the keyboard, doesnt look like you used scancodes. You may have dreamed changing that.
I used a joypad to play which worked OK.

Heh i actually wanted to know what your download numbers are so far :D
My current platform (a niche device repo) only gets me like 200 hits per game, it was 1000 a few years ago.
obey
Party member

Ahhh, I'm glad the joypad works (it was kinda untested/barely tested) :awesome:

I'll look into the scan codes so I'll surely get them right next time :brows: ^^

Ahhh, so far on this game I have 17 downloads. The most I have is on Dust Battle Beneath (~400 downloads) followed by Rem Psycho (~109).

Dust once got 70+ more downloads overnight (literally :ultrashocked:) when I reached 4 ratings :rofl: so it kinda got a boost.
Bigfoot71 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:16 pm I can only recommend it to everyone!
Oh, and, Bigfoot, thanks for the kind words and rating on itch. :awesome: I'm a few steps closer :crazy:.

BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

Uhhhh... i was about to say this is little... but, ive literally forwarded this game to a few chatrooms with dozens of people.
They commented on it, they lied to me.

Those bastards.
The internet isnt what it used to be.
obey
Party member

:rofl: Yeah, people do be like that. Though I bet at least one or two of the downloads are from there (the game does have like 100 views though).