1D

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: 1D

Post by Robin »

nevon wrote::$ I just realized that you're right. But anyway, this is still a 1D simulation, as it's only a single point - but not an infinitely small one. It does have a width and height.
But then it's 2D :P
Although, it can still count as 1D, if we count time as a dimension. Only 2D should be named 3D, and 3D 4D...
Help us help you: attach a .love.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

nevon wrote: :$ I just realized that you're right. But anyway, this is still a 1D simulation, as it's only a single point - but not an infinitely small one. It does have a width and height.
You just described 2d. Width+Height ;)
F687/s
Prole

Post by F687/s »

Um...

Well, I must say I was expecting something like Z-Rox, to be honest. Even so, congratulations on possibly the very first 0/1D game ever! (not counting audiobooks and interactive fiction)
Well... 1 dimension implies that the universe would have no width or height, and that instead everything would consist solely of an infinitely small point.
Of course, there's always the Z-axis. Maybe one day technology will allow us to see behind the pixels, and someone will rediscover this thread and there will be an "aha!" moment heard 'round the globe. You shall become famous, nay, immortal, for creating a game that was so beyond its time that it was barely playable at the time of its creation.

Like Crysis.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

F687/s wrote:Um...
Z-Rox
I'm stuck on level 52!
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

TechnoCat wrote:
nevon wrote: :$ I just realized that you're right. But anyway, this is still a 1D simulation, as it's only a single point - but not an infinitely small one. It does have a width and height.
You just described 2d. Width+Height ;)
Yes, it's hard to create anything other than 2D on a 2-dimensional surface (such as the computer screen) - hence the "simulation" part.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

TechnoCat wrote:
F687/s wrote:Um...
Z-Rox
I'm stuck on level 52!
Level 52 was drop or envelope... i'm stuck on 56... XD