Blög?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Inny
Party member

Re: Blög?

Post by Inny »

In my humble opinion, the only thing worse than not having a blog or news feed is having a blog or news feed that's out of date, because it produces the illusion that the site is dead. In this regard, I'm against love2d.org having a blog.

Of course, if rude and co. have their own independent dev blogs on tumblr or twitter, and everyone follows that, that would be reasonably normal.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Maybe we could also add a Featured Games section to the website, like filxel.org has it. I know there is Category:Games on the wiki, but that list is a little outdated and does not contain great projects like Snayke, Mari0 and Project Hawkthorne.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
markgo
Party member

Post by markgo »

I think a simple twitter is pretty good. The problem with a blog is that someone has to maintain it and it has to be professionally written. A twitter account is informal and you could post random development updates. Also you can have followers!
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Can you have minions?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
szensk
Party member

Post by szensk »

vrld wrote:Maybe we could also add a Featured Games section to the website, like filxel.org has it. I know there is Category:Games on the wiki, but that list is a little outdated and does not contain great projects like Snayke, Mari0 and Project Hawkthorne.
I like this idea most of all.
Larsii30
Party member

Post by Larsii30 »

My attempt to connect people outside the forums with love2d. https://twitter.com/MrNeeDee
Worth a try.
monsieur_h
Citizen

Post by monsieur_h »

I support the idea of a blög. I'm aware that having a empty or badly maintained blog is worse than having none.
My humble advice is, if karai, silver_hawk and others feel motivated enough to write articles regularly, let them try on a side, unofficial site for a while. love2d-blog.com or whatever. If it's working overtime, it will be easy to merge it into the main site. If not, there will be no risk for the LÖVE e-reputation, that's just another blog lacking partitipation.

I disagree with cofee's opinion about love2d community. I find the forum and IRC usefull and I do call that a community. But I think having a blog would enhance that. This is why I strongly support this idea.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

On the topic of the LÖVE homepage, I think the libgdx website is a great example of good site design. It is clean and to-the-point, and it also has everything I need to see: platforms, features, featured games, and links to a News blog, downloads, documentation, forums, and a Getting Started page with an included video.
Obviously LÖVE has its own unique style (not to mention differences in the goals and philosophies of the framework), but I think taking inspiration from sites like that would go a long way.
SFX
Prole

Post by SFX »

I really like the idea of a blög, especially if it's spelled as "blög".
Where's my big, fat hammock time?
I should pimp my neglected game dev blog.